• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2nd round pick time again...

CBAreject

First, I'll say this year's 2nd round is a real dud compared to last year's. It was very interesting last year, with several interesting players with a chance to slip to us. I wanted Salim and we got him.

Here are the guys worth taking that I see maybe being around when we pick 35th. My list is rich with PF's Who do you want?

Dee Brown -PG/SG- very slight; abysmal shooting this year

Paul Davis -PF- tough post player, good NBA size, nice touch; mediocre athlete, no ups

PJ Tucker -G/F- Strong, rangey wing; no shot; short

Craig Smith -PF- strong, wide-bodied PF w/experience; little short (6'7")

Kevin Pittsnogle -PF- big softy; 6'10", but excellent shooter

Paul Millsap -PF- strong, tough-nosed PF, bull on boards; short (6'7")

Taj Gray -PF- very aggressive, rangey, athletic tweener F; no outside shot

Ryan Hollins -C- 7 foot freak with great leaping skills; skinny and weak...can't bang with the big boys

Justin Williams -PF/C- 6'10" big from Wyoming; great rebounder and shot blocker (5.4 bpg)...no shot, no moves, very thin

I will put in my vote for

1) Paul Millsap

2) Paul Davis

3) Justin Williams

I think this a PF draft. The top of the 2nd has quite a few guys who could make our team with our shortage of bodies. Millsap is a strong brute, and I think we need more of those. I'd love to trade into the mid-first to get Marcus Williams if we could swing it.

I saw Justin Williams play a few times and I think he has good potential..He reminds me of Theo Ratliff when he was young and still trying..I also like Nick Fazekas(pf) of Nevada..I watched him play Georgia early in the year and he is a better athlete than he is give credit for..He is also a good rebounder and has a nice shot for a 6'11" 235 guy.. J.P. Batista(pf) and Jerry McNamara(pg) could also be hidden gems.

Pittsnogle. He may be a bit of a softy but having him come off the bench at the Pf position would be excellent. He has good hands, is a true 3-point shooter and regardless of not being a true inside presence, get's his blocked shots.

and because he's played center in college, can play that in rotation for us if needed.

Quote:

Pittsnogle. He may be a bit of a softy but having him come off the bench at the Pf position would be excellent. He has good hands, is a true 3-point shooter and regardless of not being a true inside presence, get's his blocked shots.

and because he's played center in college, can play that in rotation for us if needed.

Gotta disagree. I saw Pittsnogle in person when they played at Pitt this year. Aaron Gray dominated that game (Pissnolgle fouled out with 0 points). Kevin doesn't run, hustle, or play ANY defense. All he does is try to shoot 3s. He's like a glorified intra-mural player. At one point I openly questioned if he was hungover or just had the flu or something. We don't need another Blair Rasmussen if we are trying to emphasize defense. I would like Gansey over him anyday, but he'll be gone I suspect.

I like Hicks. I think he is a beast. He's really a 6'5" PF. Only one guy's been able to pull that off in the NBA--Charles Barkley.

I hope Hicks is successful for someone, but I expect him to go undrafted as a player without a position. If he does get drafted, I expect him to go 50 or lower.

• Premium Member

More importantly, a guy with the mentality of a PF and the skillset of a PF to be a BU Pf.

I would have thought that we'd be tired of all these hybrids with good length but the wrong mentality.

And when Craig Smith is looking like Elton Brand, come back and tell me about size?