• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prospect Videos

KB21

I posted the Yi Jianlian video last night. The purpose of this thread is to simply get as many prospect videos as I can in one thread. So far, I have found three videos of prospects that will be in the 2006 draft.

Andrea Bargnani, 6'11", 240 lbs, Italy

Tiago Splitter, 6'11", 235 lbs, Brazil

Yi Jianlian, 7'0", 230 lbs, China

As I find more videos, I will post them in this thread.

Guest Walter

The defenders look scared sh!tless, having no clue how to guard him. They are playing him in no man's land too far away to really contest a shot and too close to not let a guy like him get by them. SOME of that may be the Euro game I'm not familiar with, but if he's near as good as the defenders play him to be, he's the best player in this draft.

W

well splitter and yi look basically like poor Noah's out there. young skinny tall guys who are athletic...yi looked like he's got the open dunk down pat, just wonder how his post defense is..acutally yi looked like a guard out there a lot of the time..his size though reminded me of chandler..

splitter looked more like a traditional big man but he still looked fairly athletic but again, not sure of his post defense and that's what we're trying to get in a big man.

barg looks like the real deal. a bonafide star in the draft. his comparisons to dirk aren't far off but he has short hair and a tad more athleticism. wow, wouldn't want to be BK.

I couldn't disagree there; he looks like a keeper and someone you have to consider. I would like to look at his footspeed and strength though because that tends to vary looking at them against international competition as opposed to playing NBA competition. Is he as strong and fast as the video puts out? If he is, he has to be considered.

I know picking him definitely wouldn't sit well with many folks in this town because race tends to play into about 99.999% of things that go on here but if the guy can play, the guy can play. Alexander Volkov, Jon Koncak, Adam Keefe, and Priest Lauderdale, he is NOT.

Guest Walter

not often do you see defenders so lost against a guy. I understand his international level of competition is good. For this level of player to look so lost, in no-man's-land against such a young propsect like Bargnani screams superstar potential. All but GOTTA get this guy and trade away a forward.

W

Bargnani is not the bargain you claim. He appears unathletic, soft and no post game whatsover. Not what the Hawks need.

We would be better off bringing over Cenk Akyol this year. He would benefit more from the NBA or NBDL experience rather than wasting a pick on Bargnani. We dont need a 7ft SG!

Quote:

Bargnani is not the bargain you claim. He appears unathletic, soft and no post game whatsover. Not what the Hawks need.

We would be better off bringing over Cenk Akyol this year. He would benefit more from the NBA or NBDL experience rather than wasting a pick on Bargnani. We dont need a 7ft SG!

He appears unathletic? So I guess it's just perfectly normal for 7 footers to have ball handling skills.

Quote:

I agree, I think Barnani will be a star like Pau and Dirk. The problem I see with him as a Hawk would be that he would have to be the focal point of the offense, like Pau and Dirk are. So in that case we would have to change our whole strategy and that may take some time. I think he'll be a star, but I don't think the Hawks should take him unless they want to build around him.

He doesn't necessarily have to be the focal point of the offense. He just would give us another option taking pressure off of Joe Johnson. Obviously he would need more touches than Zaza but he wouldn't have to necessarily take the majority of the shots.

Im not getting my hopes up for him to be heart broken though because he won't be available at the 6th or 7th pick

Guest Walter

Quote:

That's a new one. Watch the video again. If the guys guarding him don't look lost to you, in no-man's-land, and without a clue as to how to stop him, you should consider lasix. I haven't seen that kinda fear in defenders against prospects in awhile.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

I agree, I think Barnani will be a star like Pau and Dirk. The problem I see with him as a Hawk would be that he would have to be the focal point of the offense, like Pau and Dirk are. So in that case we would have to change our whole strategy and that may take some time. I think he'll be a star, but I don't think the Hawks should take him unless they want to build around him.

I don't get this for several reasons. We're already losing Harrington. That in itself will change the way we play.

2ndly, we're a developing team, without rigid roles.

3rdly, Bargnani is flat out better than anyone on our team save JJ and perhaps will be better than he is. I don't see how one could not want to change the way we play around this guy. We don't have a Pg that can push a running game so we might as well concentrate on JJ and Bargnani as our two scorers. Just my take but Bargnani is a d@mn gold mine, d@mn us if we refuse to put down our pan and pick up a chisel when there's a vein of gold right in front of us.

W