• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Corey Maggette trade?

DrReality

ESPN - Marc Stein of ESPN is reporting that sources have informed him the Clippers are likely to seek a trade involving Corey Maggette for the best draft selection they can acquire in return, most likely from a team such as Chicago or Atlanta, who will have a lottery pick, as well as salary cap space.

• Premium Member

More than Likely Chicago...

Maybe something like Chicago's 2nd 1st rounder and Deng for Maggette.

I can see that happening.

But not to Atlanta.

BK would be tossed..

MW/1st for Maggette/Livingston/1st.

Hmmm. I don't think they'd do it.

BTW, with that 4 SF team, don't forget we can sub in Donta Smith at times to go with the revolutionary "all 3" set. It will be to basketball what the "run and shoot" was to football.

I think it depends on how high you're talking about. If you mean the top 14 picks, I don't think that's too much at all.

Maggette is a valuable player, since he can score well. His value might've been higher last year, but he still had a strong season on a solid playoff team.

Top 5 for Mags is probably too much. Would you really be surprised to see him traded for an 8th pick or so? Antawn Jamison was traded for the 5th pick, right?

The only way you could get Maggette here without starting a mutiny, would be for Billy Knight to drug us and then say....

"You say that he is a 3 but we think he can play the 2 for us." "This will allow Joe to play the 1 fulltime."

Then he would have to spend 9 million to get Nene, so we can have our "big"

JJ/Salim

Maggette/Childress

Smoove/Donte

Marvin/Batista

Nene/Zaza

It would be interesting offensively but horrific defensively and if opposing teams ever put small guards against us, we'd be killed.