• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Larry Brown's Contract Buyout

hawkster411

Quote:

With a 40 million dollar buyout and health issues I would think Brown would be very hesitant to even try coaching again.

I don't understand why the buyout would affect us.

My understanding of coaching buyouts is for instance that they'd pay him 40 mil so that they don't have to pay the full contract amount, and he in return can go anywhere. Meaning NY is going to pay him 40 mil either way, we can sign him to a regular (cheap?) deal if we want to.

The game hasn't passed Larry Brown by. He's old school, but he teaches the fundamental tenants of basketball that lead to championships. Just because he chose to coach a team that was poorly put together and simply did not have the mentality he looks for in a team doesn't mean the game has passed him by.

Quote:

honestly, no thanks. He's a good coach (although overrated), but he doesn't know how to handle youth and hates playing young players. He also criticizes players too much. I would much prefer adelman to brown for our team

what he said.

• Admin

man screw larry brown. He is the defacto example of people overblowing the role and impact of a coach. We shouldn't, for one second, consider talking to him. Why would we want a jackass like him coaching our team? Because he's a "great coach"? please..

Why not just bring back Lenny? They are practically the same type coach anyway.

Larry Brown is loyal to one person, ask the Pistons what they think about LB after he was lining up his next gig while a championship series was being played!

When LB starts looking bad, he only knows how to do one thing, point his finger instead of taking the heat like a real coach does. When he comes to Atlanta, that is when I become a Hockey fan.

Quote:

Larry Brown is loyal to one person, ask the Pistons what they think about LB after he was lining up his next gig while a championship series was being played!

When LB starts looking bad, he only knows how to do one thing, point his finger instead of taking the heat like a real coach does. When he comes to Atlanta, that is when I become a Hockey fan.

Why aren't you a hockey fan yet?