• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donta Smith vs. Marvin Williams.

Diesel

• Premium Member

In D-League play this year.

Donta = 13.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.0 apg, 1.66 spg, 0.66 bpg, 56.8% FG%.

While playing for the Hawks, his minutes, and points were a lot lower, but.. He still shot 55.6% from the field.

His most minutes played were against NJ.

28 minutes played, 13 points, 3 rebs, 3 steals, on 5-7 shooting.

Click

I would say that Donta is a very capable BU and if he were allowed to develop, he might become a good starting Sf.

But.. That won't happen here.

Diesel, you have taken this too far. Marvin Williams might not be Lebron James or anything even close to it but he is a far better talent than Donta Smith. Come on!?! After reading tons of your posts it is obvious that you are set in your ways no matter what so I'm not about to argue like some on here attempt. Give Marvin another year, that is my only statement.

• Admin

going by your formula, I say that Marvin can become a very good if not great starter in this league given more time to develop. Fortunately that will happen here.

oh and Eldridge Recasner lead the CBA in scoring (20ppg) before coming to play in the NBA where he never averaged double figures. The NBDL is a devlopment league. It's stats are not a barometer of what a player can or will do at the NBA level. They only tell what the player was capable of against other DL level talent.

Quote:

If only Diesel could see that this thread says more about him than it does about MW?

OCMWD= Obsessive Compulsive Marvin Williams Disorder.

Perpetual Williams Negative Evaluation Disorder = PWNED.

• Premium Member

All day long, I hear that Marvin is better than this person, better than that person... However, what's the basis?? The word of some scout that was probably paid off by some agent.

I said it last year, I will say it again this year.. The basis could not have been his college play because in "BIG GAMES".. Marvin packed it in. The stats prove it.

It could not have been his HS career because had he come out with the rest of his HS class, he would have been picked behind JR Smith or Wright.. he was going to be like 27th.

So what's the basis. Can we really say that he showed us that much as a Hawk? Come on, I watched every game. Marvin showed me that on occassion he can hit a wide open shot.

yet, all I hear day after day... "He's only 19. He's just a rookie. You have given up on him after his first year!"

Let me make something very clear to you who accuse me of giving up on MW after his first year. You supporters did the same thing to Smoove and Chillz and Donta...

They were in their first year when you threw your support behind another rookie Sf...

It would be funny if we did draft Rudy Gay... If somebody suports Rudy as Sf of the future, isn't that the same as giving up on MW?

Like i thought...

• Premium Member

any less right??

That's simple mindedness at it's height!

Don't worry.. day by day... goes by and day by day, I'm more correct.

Even BK is giving you guys clues about the truth..

How many GMs have said that their star players have a slow leanring curve??

Is there a learning curve for the Sf position? The dumbest jock in the world can master the Sf position.

Day by Day...

• Premium Member

Is this the conservative attacking the conservatives who hate Bush or is this the conservative attacking the Liberals who hate Bush.... Or is this just the attack on anybody who Bush bashes...

since you mentioned Sharpton, I guess this is the conservative bashing...paid off campaigners who hate Bush...

The conservatives need to open their eyes..

At first 3 years ago when you started playing devil advocate I thought you lost it, but now I know you just want to keep the conversation going, but damn you taking it tooo damn far this time DONTA SMITH BETTER THAN MARVIN WILLIAMS.................COCAINE IS A HELLAVU DRUG confused.gif

LOL! Man for real id your just trying to get a rise out of us thats cool but at least make up something that we might believe you are seriously thinking