• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Brown on 680

DrReality

Totally different interview with Brown than Woody or BK. Fan friendly, answered questions openly (as much as he could) Said that Harrington doesn't always have the best shot selection!!! Very available to host and callers. This is a piece that has been missing for the Hawks. Glad to hear him on the radio.

I didn't hear the entire thing . . . . if anyone else heard some good tidbits let us know.

Yeah I heard him too. He talked about the draft - emphasized drafting big, a guy with post moves and defensive ability, getting a 3 to 4 year experienced college player, and one who had played in a good system so they knew the game coming in (sounded like he was describing Sheldon to a T).

He wasn't much on the caller wanting to get A.I.

All around he was much more fan friendly - thoughtful in his answers - and polished enough to easily dodge the dangerous questions without taking offense of getting surly.

Yeah HCSM - he mentioned the need for a big with a developed game and used the example that when JSmoove came into the league they didn't know he would be such a good shot blocker...still, now they have to teach him to block the ball back into the court (instead of out of bounds or off an assistant coach's head like in last night's game).

There may be other guys in the draft like this - but it sure sounded like Sheldon.

Quote:

The Hawks definitely need someone who is good at PR so maybe we will be hearing more from him.

I still think Brown would be an awesome head coach for us. But it's probably too early to can Woodson. Brown really deserves a shot at a head coaching job he is an awesome guy.