• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Two potential Al sign & trade targets

lush23

Quote:

I'll take Ben Gordon in a second. If we are going to stick with Joe being the primary playmaker, the opposite guard MUST be a shooter. Ben is certainly a scorer. He supposedly plays pretty good D and he is known to hit some clutch shots.

i think JJ is a better shooter than gordon. i'd rather get a playmaker in the draft or FAcy. gordon is definitely a scorer but that's about it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I have a hard time believing Chicago will trade Ben Gordon for a player they have a chance to sign outright.

Listening to Paxson talk he has made it pretty clear that the only way he breaks up the Bulls core is in a trade for a "superstar", and Harrington ain't one.

I wish people would listen to you.

Quote:

I think Mihm could be had for a lot less than Al.

I agree Doc...but we're not exactly in the driver's seat in a s-n-t situation are we? I mean Al has to agree that he'll go to a place then they have to come up with a player for the trade. I agree we need to get value for Al but I wouldn't think we could get the same value as if it were a straight up trade.

Lets say Al will only go to 4 places...all we can do is the best we can with one of those 4.

Quote:

If he goes to a team over the cap we have to take back at least equal salary...

Hmmm...I didn't know that. That makes it potentially a narrower playing field.

Heck it may be best to just let him go and try to use the cap room elsewhere. Realistically though, they may have something worked out behind the scenes already (I say with fingers crossed).