• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hornet look at trading up!!

DrReality

Farmar & Sene aren't worth the 15thpick. Rondo won't last that long. I say we just stay put. Really just how much more upside does Lemarcus Aldrige or Tyrus Thomas have than Patrick O'Bryant? I say if O'Bryant looks good in workouts we take a chance on him. In the 2ndround we pick someone like Eric Williams. A player with 4years of college who understands the game and can rebound. We go we 2bigs. 1 for the near future in O'Bryant & the other who can contribute now in Eric Williams.(He could be a 2ndround steal.)

• Moderators

Quote:

Really just how much more upside does Lemarcus Aldrige or Tyrus Thomas have than Patrick O'Bryant?

It is the downside that is concerning because we can't whiff on this pick. Any athletic 7 footer has great upside but they are also usually more likely to bust without a real track record of success.

• Premium Member

I have to disagree. Look at his body of work at UCLA. Farmar took UCLA to the NCAA finals with how much help?? They beat the hell out of LSU, Memphis, and Gonzage with how much help??

Farmar is the real deal and probably better than M. Williams or Foye when you put them on the court together.

I would easily take him at 15 if he's available.

• Moderators

I think he actually had pretty good help in the NCAA tournament. UCLA was pretty deep in terms of contributors. Farmer was their biggest guy but he may have actually been less of a central player than Marcus Williams was during UConn's messy NCAA run.

• Moderators

Quote:

I don't think you can say that really.

MWilliams did put his team on his back.

BUT JFarmar is the player that I think made those playing with him better.

I can say that and I do! wink.gif

MW averaged 20 points and 9 assists in the NCAA tournament.

Farmar averaged 12.5 points and 4 assists per game in the NCAA tourament.

UCLA played much more cohesively as a team on defense than UCONN did but I don't attribute that to Farmar. I attribute that to the team. Offensively, UCLA was very inconsistent (very good at times and abysmal at other times) and it was their D that got them to the NCAA finals. Farmar was a huge and indispensible part of that but I don't see him carrying UCLA on his back by any means. UConn was a chemistry nightmare and only survived the games they did, IMO, due to Williams' superior play.

Quote:

I can say that and I do!

MW averaged 20 points and 9 assists in the NCAA tournament.

Farmar averaged 12.5 points and 4 assists per game in the NCAA tourament.

Punk'd.

I don't know if you realize this but now that Diesel has me filtered you might be the poster that argues with Diesel the most. wink.gif