• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's the difference between Smoove and Este?

Diesel

Quote:

How do you mod alert a thread?

Click the third icon next to "Post Extras:" under the offending post. It's the paper with the circle-slash over it. It won't do any good though; I reported lots of Marvin threads, and they keep on coming!

Quote:

So what do they have in common?

They both are humans. They both have all their limbs. They are both on the Atlanta Hawks.

Quote:

Dr. Zach,

I shouldn't even acknowledge your frail attempt at humor...

But you did, by replying.

Also: they are both tall.

• Moderators

Both are young players who are still raw and developing a lot of the skills they will have a few years down the line. Both are pretty decent rebounders and should continue to improve that aspect of their game. Both are versatile with Smith being able to give minutes at both forward spots and Este being able to give minutes at the PF/C positions. Both are capable of playing excellent defense.

Obviously, when you compare them they clearly aren't the same player since Este is so far behind right now in athleticism, perimeter skills, passing, shotblocking, ballhandling, etc.

Quote:

Other than Smoove being a shot blocker and Este not being a shot blocker, what's the difference??

A serious answer:

Josh Smith has proven that he is capable of being an athletic scorer on the NBA level, and Esteban Batista has not.

Esteban doesn't possess the athleticism, but is more of a banger (or, at least, he has the potential to be.)

Also, Esteban doesn't speak English too well.

• Moderators

I wasn't sure you were talking about Batista. I think its easier to list the similarities. Neither seem to dribble the ball very well. Other than that I think they are different in every way.

Another difference is Smoove has never taken out one of his teammates in practice.