• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

draftexpress update

DrReality

Here's the link:

http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1355

Has rumors about who will pull out: no big surprises.

But my question is related the the Seatle rumor.

Sounds like they are strapped for $$$ and want either a draft choice in next years draft for their 10th pick or money and an early second round. We've got the second round pick and the cash. The 10th pick makes about 1.6 million. Why not 'buy' (??) that pick and have two first round picks?

So would I if the Hawks could get a point guard type that can cover the little guy and a big. BK needs to do something to make a splash since the Hawks are traveling at turtle speed in improving. You look at the point guards for the championship teams recently the Spurs,Lakers when they had o neal,this year in Dallas who hasn't won yet they have small speed guards which is something I think we need.I am not mashing JJ just that I see a trend here.Billups would be still considered in that medium guard category.

Having Rondo,Foye, or Marcus with a big would really make the hawks a team to be reckoned with in the near future.I hope BK can get another first rounder I am tired of building the team like a turtle in a race.We need something to get excited about as a long time hawk fan.

Quote:

Having Rondo,Foye, or Marcus with a big would really make the hawks a team to be reckoned with in the near future.I hope BK can get another first rounder I am tired of building the team like a turtle in a race.We need something to get excited about as a long time hawk fan.

Absolutely, but I think you should replace Foye with Roy in that sentence. The more I read about Randy Foye, the less I believe his game helps the Atlanta Hawks.

So if they sell the pick for cash, is it open to the highest bidder? The pick is slotted for 1.6 million, but would it be a bidding war? And would the cap apply. If so the bidding would be limited to only a couple team, one of which would be Chicago and they have two picks. Anybody know the rules that would apply?

Could be the deal we're looking for. And then pick up a FA or two and we could be over the hump.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Absolutely, but I think you should replace Foye with Roy in that sentence. The more I read about Randy Foye, the less I believe his game helps the Atlanta Hawks.

Foye, Rondo and/or Marcus Williams may last until #10 - Roy won't.

As I mentioned in a thread the other day, I think we have struck a deal with the Sonics, which may have something to do with us and the Sheldon rumors. I knew the Sonics really wanted him. I think they will take him at #5, and give him the minimum salary alloted for #5, since they will both know he was taken higher than he should have been.

Then they will unload another salary in Ridnour(whom they have become Luke warm on) or Petro and the #10. Look at who the Hawks are bringing in for workouts, they are all players expected to be taken around the #10 spot. They have not brought in any of the consensus top six picks. I believe the Sonics have worked out Sheldon, but I don't think the Hawks have. Now if the ESPN rumor is true, do you think the Hawks would select someone they have not worked out?

Another point, Wilcox can probably be had by the Hawks. The Sonics will not be able to afford him, they will not want to do a S&T having to take back equal salaries. That leaves only teams significantly under the cap able to make play for him. Wilcox will not be on the market long though, and I'm sure Harrington will want to court the entire NBA, not sure how much his numbers will hold the Hawks up.

The Hawks could get talent rich off of the Sonics this summer.

Yes they have worked out Sheldon.

Well thought out post. Diesel has said all along that the trade would be Petro and 10 for our 5. I love that idea. Not sure about Ridnour. I think the jury is still our on him. It appears they have to unload some of their contracts.

The Sonics are in trouble financially right now. I think they're looking to dump salary, so I don't think they're looking to sign & trade Wilcox. They don't want that kind of salary on the books. I think they will either sign him or they won't. I think they'd take back 50 cents on the dollar right now for Rashard Lewis. I think they also have buyers remorse with Ray Allen. I don't think we'd want anything to do with either one of those two players. I could see them trading Ridnour and maybe Collison, but not Petro. Both Collison & Ridnour are looking for lucrative extensions. Petro is what they want. A good player on a cheap rookie contract. If they are truly looking to trade away the #10 like DraftExpress suggests, I think a deal of the #33, Slim and cash could get it done.

The article states their desire to get rid of the 10th pick, whether they trade it for a 2nd round pick and cash or a 1st round pick next year. I highly doubt that they will move up to the 5th pick and pay 5th pick money when they can't even afford to pay the 10th pick.

Quote:

Diesel has said all along that the trade would be Petro and 10 for our 5.

If we came out of this draft with Petro and Rondo, I'd be extremely happy. I became interested in Petro later on in the draft process last year. Imagine getting those two and then SnT Harrington for Bynum and extras.

THIS SEASON

Stoudamire | Lue

Johnson | Rondo

Childress | Williams

J.Smith | Bynum

Pachulia | Petro

NEXT SEASON

Rondo | Stoudamire

Johnson | Lue

Williams | Childress

J.Smith | Pachulia

Petro | Bynum

It'd be a pain in the @$$ to try and re-sign everyone, but hopefully by then we know who we CANNOT go on without.

They will get rid of two salaries in #10/Ridnour. I am not sure what the ranges are on rookie salaries, but it may work out that if they pay the minimum for a #5 it may get close to what would be paid for a maximum #10. Besides the fact that they really want to make sure they land Williams.

Something is going on or we would be working out the top six picks this week or next. The mock drafts almost always get the top echelon of talent correct in some kind of order, after that they are not very accurate.

Now we're talking. If this goes down, it could really tilt things in our favor. I'd definitely lean on getting Petro over Ridnour and the #10 can be spent on Rondo, Foye, or Brewer. The Hawks would have an adequate backcourt mate with JJ and Zaza would get some help in the post. This goes on and there is STILL flexibility to manuever because of Harrington. A sign and trade involving him along with this move would really be the boost the team needs for next season.

Very interesting.