• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ok...time to go on record.

DavidSomerset

than the Paul/Marvin pick last year. Aldridge will be the big X-factor in this pick. If Aldridge turns out to be the real deal and we pick Shelden then BK would have made two very controversial picks in two straight years.

I think in the long run Marvin will turn out to be the right pick, even though Paul came out the gates blazing.

I personally would select Aldridge over Shelden. Aldridge could be the 1st pick in this draft while Shelden is more projected to go 8 through 12.

You have to go with Aldridge!!

Quote:

Time to predict who we are going to take at #5...assume no trade is made for us to move up or down.

I think we end up taking Aldridge.

What's the point of "going on record" if there isn't a WAGER?

Quote:

I think we take Shelden, and get loudly booed by the crowd in NY. The crowd at Phillips will go. Oooooh and then will go yaaay when they see the highlight package. Then we steal Juan Jose Barea in the second round.

Juan Jose is not a PG who can distribute. The only "steals" I see is if we go for a big with our first pick then get Washington or Dockery.

Quote:

I'll bet a corndog we take Shelden...

You completely ruined the setup for my 'corndogs are the only acceptable currency' joke. Perhaps we can work out a wager.

Quote:

Quote:

I think we take Shelden, and get loudly booed by the crowd in NY. The crowd at Phillips will go. Oooooh and then will go yaaay when they see the highlight package. Then we steal Juan Jose Barea in the second round.

Juan Jose is not a PG who can distribute. The only "steals" I see is if we go for a big with our first pick then get Washington or Dockery.

Hey genius. Barea was SECOND IN THE NCAA IN ASSISTS!

HE BROKE THE PORTSMOUTH RECORD FOR ASSISTS IN A GAME. AND HE AVG 13.5 for the tournament.

So I guess assists don't count as an indication of your ability to distribute the ball?

Barea shines at Portsmouth Invitational

Barea shines at Portsmouth Invitational

April 8, 2006

Portsmouth, Va.

Jose Juan Barea hopes to become Northeastern's first NBA draft pick since 1987.

Senior Jose Juan Barea made a statement this week to NBA scouts in attendance at the 54th annual Portsmouth Invitational Tournament in Portsmouth, Va. The four-day tournament gives 64 college seniors one more opportunity to showcase their talents before the Chicago Draft Camp.

Barea turned in absolutely stellar numbers over three games. He averaged 15.0 points per game, 13.6 assists and 5.6 rebounds, while committing just five turnovers the entire weekend. He set the PIT tournament records for assists in a game (18) and in the tournament (41) and was honored with the Allen Iverson Award for inspiration and effort.

"It was a lot of fun and it was a great tournament," said Barea. "It was good to finally get to meet all those great players, too." Barea hopes to become the Huskies' 15th-ever NBA draft pick, and first since Reggie Lewis, Andre Lafleur and Gerry Corcoran were selected in 1987.

The PIT is the only postseason event prior to the NBA Pre-Draft Camp. The NBA draft will be held at Madison Square Garden on June 28.