• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

let's get foye already!!!!!!

hawkman

• Premium Member

I'm not a scout or an expert in pro basketball by any means, but I believe Randy Foye should be our pick. I think he has the tools that this team needs RIGHT NOW and he gives us one half of a great back court to build on. Atlanta needs a dynamic player on the roster who can create and make shots off the dribble in half court sets and who can finish with authority on the break. I watched this guy during the tournament and he was electric. He took over some of those games for Villanova and I like that kind of mentality in a player. Defenses were geared against him but could do little to stop him. He kind of reminded me of Dwayne Wade back when he played for Marquette. I think Shelden can be a solid pro but this team needs to give the fans a reason to be excited again. Foye fills a need and gives the fans a reason to be excited about the upcoming season. Many on this board are opposed to bringing Iverson here because of his salary/attitude. Imagine if we could get a player with most of his positive attributes but none of his baggage or his high salary over the next few seasons. I know a lot you will say that Foye does not address our need for better interior defense, but we could always pick up a shot blocker/rebounder of Shelden's caliber either in the second round or through free agency (see Justin Williams, Aaron Gray, Pryz.), so why not get Foye with our 5th pick?

Well I don't really think there's much chance of picking up a player of Shelden's caliber in the second round - but you may be right on your approach of taking Foye. If the Hawks aren't handicapped in free agency a combo of best available big at #33 (like Milsap) and a solid FA might be the way to go. It may not be possible to make a big move due to other concerns - but we certainly do have to improve the interior D this offseason one way or the other.

Foye sounds like a good match with JJ if he's quick enough.

Speaking of draft,again, Jay Mariotti (Around the Horn) just mentioned on the show the he thinks Iverson is going to the Hawks for Smoove and our #5 pick. I'm all about Iverson, but not for Smoove. Chillz and our pick, OK...not JS or Marv for that matter.

I remember some article a little while back saying the Hawk people were really impressed with Foye when they saw him work out.

Maybe the Hawks pick him at #5 if no big man they want is still available at #5. Or perhaps the Hawks trade down and pick him.

• Premium Member

We can address interior defense in the second round or through free agency. There's no need to reach for Shelden with the 5th pick. BK says he always drafts the best player available (see last year's draft), so why change that philosophy now? It looks like Foye is the best player in this draft. He could start for us immediately and inject some life into this franchise.