• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So who sits? Marvin or Josh Smith?

DeacKillsaDevil

Quote:

could go either way, depends on who had the better off season.

Marvin is going to be the one to sit since he has not shown the ability Josh has.

In light of the Sheldon pick I really think the Marvin pick last year over Paul set this franchise back a few years. Shame. Sheldon and Smoove can be a monster forward duo and Paul and JJ would have been a devestating backcout. Wouldn't have mattered much who played center, but a Zaza/Esteban/Soloman combo probably would have been enough.

Quote:

Quote:

could go either way, depends on who had the better off season.

Marvin is going to be the one to sit since he has not shown the ability Josh has.

In light of the Sheldon pick I really think the Marvin pick last year over Paul set this franchise back a few years. Shame. Sheldon and Smoove can be a monster forward duo and Paul and JJ would have been a devestating backcout. Wouldn't have mattered much who played center, but a Zaza/Esteban/Soloman combo probably would have been enough.

So instead of having a PG the Hawks will have the 2nd pick in the draft coming off the bench again? Brillant!

• Premium Member

Quote:

what could we hope to get for Josh Childress. I would want equal value back and not take on a lesser player for the sake of addressing a need.

Well, if the Hawks are active in free agency, then they don't have to trade Childress. They can just sign a PG outright.

My best guess is that they'll give Marvin and Josh equal minutes, until one separates himself from the other. I also suspect that management believes that Marvin will eventually be the starting SF. This will sort itself out during the upcoming season.

I imagine we will see that line up at times, because Marvin has skills that translate pretty well to SG. However, if we get a veteran PG like Hawks management has been suggesting, I don't think we would see it too often.

Guest Walter

& Portland just made bold moves and got two starters and stars for their team without sitting a single top 10 pick.

I said we needed bold moves. We got the lamest move imaginable. We sit a #2 pick for it. How is any of this good? How can anybody (tacidly or otherwise) a GM with this tremendous lack of foresight. Hell, 4 years, 3 top 6 and 2 top 2 picks and we have the same number of definative starters for our team as Portland in one draft. And ours are both forwards and not complimentary position players. Just stupid.

W