• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The day after.....

BornandDieHawks

you're contradicting yourself. There was nothing strategy wise to gain by promising Shelden that we'd take him. You say he promised him so he could display his ego to the world. And yet he categorically denies the promise. If you want to show the world your ego, you don't do it and then tell the world you didn't do it. That makes ZERO sense. If it was to show his ego, he'd be telling the world "I promised him because he's the best player for us, and I'm proud of it", not denying his big balls and telling everyone involved to lie and to cover for him.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Big Dog was taken number one of the likes of Grant Hill and Jason Kidd one year.

Quote:

He was selected by the Milwaukee Bucks with the first overall pick in the 1994 NBA draft. After a hold out that lasted until the beginning of training camp, he eventually signed an unprecedented 10-year, $68 million contract.
During his first pro year, he was twice named the Schick NBA Rookie of the Month and was named to the NBA All-Rookie Team after a leading rookie average of 21.9 points per game.
He was selected for the 1996 USA Basketball Olympic Basketball Team but was unable to play because of injury.

If Marvin would have gotten us 21.9 ppg last year, Hots, you would be licking his butthole.

Quote:

He showing it in a covert manner..no GM is stupid enough to admit he made a promise, especially when you brought guards in to workout for you.

So he wants to show the world that he has the balls to make a promise by telling them he didn't make a promise. Yeah that makes sense.

Quote:

Quote:

Big Dog was taken number one of the likes of Grant Hill and Jason Kidd one year.

Quote:

He was selected by the Milwaukee Bucks with the first overall pick in the 1994 NBA draft. After a hold out that lasted until the beginning of training camp, he eventually signed an unprecedented 10-year, $68 million contract.
During his first pro year, he was twice named the Schick NBA Rookie of the Month and was named to the NBA All-Rookie Team after a leading rookie average of 21.9 points per game.
He was selected for the 1996 USA Basketball Olympic Basketball Team but was unable to play because of injury.

If Marvin would have gotten us 21.9 ppg last year, Hots, you would be licking his butthole.

He shouldn't have went number one. Also, there's no Jason Kidd or Grant Hill coming out of last years draft that I see.

Dog could score, and I know that he was abit more athletic back in those days. But, it should have been clear from day one that he wouldn't be the rebounder in the pro's that he was in college.

Dog is rather short and he wasn't THAT athletic that he could average 9RPG in the NBA.

Quote:

There was nothing strategy wise to gain by promising Shelden that we'd take him.

Players shut it down due to the injury risk. A bad landing during a workout and a player could lose millions. That is the strategy for shutting down. That is solid advice that any agent with half a brain will tell his player. We got a promise, lets not be stupid and risk injury. Time to shut it down.

Maybe he got a promise maybe he did not. This is a positive, he shut down his workout before he had worked out for several teams in the top ten. I think someone made a promise; its the only thing that makes sense. But why are we still crying over spilt milk?

Lets make some moves and fill some holes. We have four too many sf's (smoove, mwill, chilz, and donta) and we still need a starter at pg and possibly center (Shelden may be our starting four and not a center).

We will not get out of the lottery if we have two lottery picks still riding the pine at the end of next season and no starter quality guard alongside JJ. We have got to trade someone. Come on trade period and lets get five starting quality players all playing at the same time.

That is what I want to see. No more starters riding the pine. Five good players all out there at the same time. Give me that this season and I will be a extremely happy Hawks fan, inexperienced or not, win or lose...I just want to see our five best players on the floor at the same time. That is my wish this season..

Guest Walter

Quote:

BK said he never made a promise to draft Shelden because Shelden said the Hawks never made him a promise. If BK is lying, then so is Shelden. Does that mean Shelden has no integrity either?

If I were BK I would definately not want people to know and I would hush people (i.e. ones I just drafted) from saying so as well.

My understanding was:

1) Shelden stopped working out because a team promised him they would select him high. Ahem. We are the team that selected him high.

2) We didn't work out any top players, even if only to consider a trade for one of them. What team at #5 would ever fail to work out everybody it can?

3) It was the worst kept secret in the media that we had made a promise to SW (and again, we drafted him).

So you can believe a generally secretive individual that doesn't do well with questioning and with his ass in a sling, but somehow this was all very fishy.

W