• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We don't have to trade anyone.

Diesel

• Premium Member

We just need better coaching.

JT could be traded for a purer PG but it may be something that we regret.

However, non of us are really insiders. Reading Babcock's words have led me to believe that he doesn't value JT as a PG. He values him as a scorer and a charismatic person but not a PG. I say non of us are insiders because none of us can truly say that it's NOT JT. I mean, what if our offense is Limited to JT's ability to PG. What if HE needs Simple and doesn't understand complex. We all have acknowledge that he doesn't have "Court vision". All that really means is that he doesn't possess the sixth sense that most pure PGs have of knowing where everyone is supposed to be.

Anyway, I think that based on what happens offensively and defensively, it's not the players, but its the coach. If we were only struggling with offensive flow.. It could be JT's fault. However, we are struggling with Disorganization in all areas. That's a coaching problem. Lon doesn't know what he's doing. The time for these excuses is over. I believe that he's done all that he can and now it's time to move on to someone who is more polished. I have revised my list and I have rankings:

1. Danny Ainge.

2. Brian Hill

3. Mike Dunleavy

4. Chuck Daily

5. Scott Skiles

6. Greg Hill

7. Terry Stotts

8. Jeff Van Gundy

9. Rick Mahorn

10. Paul Westphaul

** This list compiled however, if Larry Brown or Larry Bird were to become available, I'd take them first.

Larry Bird said, when asked about his coaching success,

"I am not a great coach. I just found the very best

assistant coaches available and turned the coaching

of the players over to them."

That might not be his exact words, but close enough to

make my point. Smart coaches surround themselves

with smart and talented assistant coaches and let them

do their thing. This is what Larry Bird did and it sure

worked for him.

If I am going to make a cake and ask each off you to

bring one ingredient in order to make this cake, we

can only have a delicious cake if each person shows up

with the proper thing. Then, it would be up to me to

blend all these things togerher to produce the cake.

Leave one thing out or fail to put in the right amount

of each thing and the cake wouldn't be very good.

Each and every assistant coach should be responsible

for one part of the game -- Then it is up to the head

coach to blend these things together in order to

produce the finished product. I don't know which

assistant coach {If one of them is} has the defensive

responsibility for the team. Whoever it is needs to

get to work and improve his part of the product.

I like Ainge the most out of your list.He has been out of coaching for a little while now,but if someone presented him a good deal and if he felt it was worth his time he might consider coaching again. If Kruger is let go or isn't signed at the end of the year I could realistically see Babcock or Kasten going after a guy like Ainge.

Danny Ainge, Scott Skiles & Rick Mahorn are the only ones I would take from that list. Larry Bird is Ok but he is really hard to look at for that silly reason I eliminate him.

Terry Stotts - [censored] NOOOOOO!

Are there any other coaches you would suggest. Personally I think a young coach would be a good idea. If Magic was available or even old man Kareem Abdul Jabbar they would be interesting prospects. Alex English would be an excellent choice.

• Premium Member

The only young coach I would give a shot is Rick Mahorn. I think Players will respect him.

However, I wouldn't give this team to any other guy their first time out. The problem we're having with Lon would be the same problem with a first timer. They are trying to figure out the game while the players are trying to figure out the game.

Ainge is 1st on my list because he's been there. BUt mainly because He's Fiery. I was listening to Warren Sapp talk about Chucky. He said one reason why players would walk through a wall for Chucky is because he has the enthusiasm of an 18 yr old. I think that would work for us. Ainge is enthusiastic. Van Gundy too to an extent but his offenses were always horrible and predictable.

I have Brian Hill on my list because he was a great players coach. He also knew his Xs and Os. He took an Orlando team with sloppy PG play to the NBA Finals. His coaching made Anderson, Scott, and Shaw look better than they were.

I have Daily on my list because he knows the game. He couldn't control Penny but how many coaches could. An injured player is always hard to control.. Ask Larry Brown.

just curious... what is mahorn up to now? did he take an assistants job somewhere?

I've made no secret of the fact that I like van gundy... he has always seemed to command the respect of this players and true his offense is no prize but he would certainly improve the defense...

once again I'm pretty sure that daly is well into his 70's and he seemed to be burning out a bit when he left the magic (what was that 4 years ago?)...

I really have no opinion on Ainge since phoenix is a team that I have never followed much at all...