• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Solomon Jones sign

WraithSentinel

Solomon Jones Announcement

HAWKS SIGN ROOKIE SOLOMON JONES

Atlanta Inks Second-Round Draft Selection

ATLANTA, GA (July 12, 2006) -- The Atlanta Hawks today signed rookie forward/center Solomon Jones to a contract, according to Executive Vice President/General Manager Billy Knight. Per club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

The Hawks’ second-round pick (33rd overall) in the 2006 NBA Draft, Jones was named Honorable Mention All-Big East as a senior at South Florida last season, after averaging 13.2 ppg, 9.8 rpg (third in the Big East) and 3.1 bpg (third in conference). He ranks fourth all-time in blocks at the school, despite playing there only two seasons.

Jones is currently participating in the Hawks’ rookie camp, and will be part of Atlanta’s entry in the Rocky Mountain Revue, beginning Friday in Salt Lake City, UT.

I really think it all comes down to desire to get stronger and heart with this guy. He's already shown himself to be a great potential talent and a difference maker in a very tough conference. He has "potential" written all over him. 6'10" with excellent athleticism and a nose for blocking shots.

I imagine he'll spend at least some of the year in the NBDL (hope not - but realistically)...if he can keep up the developmental pace at this next level he could turn out to be a real steal.(IMHO)

Quote:

How do you think Jones would compare to a guy like Griff (Eddie) on the court a few years down the road?

Let's hope he doesn't masterbate on the road...

I think it is fair, except Solomon probably is a shade below the offense of Eddie and I can only hope Solomon will never fall in love shooting three-pointers.