• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 2 Up: Marvin = 30 pts, 10 assists, 10 rebound

Nicholasp27

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap! That's very encouraging. Did I see 15-15 from the line? Dayum. Nice. I know it's summer league, but that is really nice to see. Also good to see us battle like that.

15/15 is the same against any competition smile.gif

and slim hit TWO shots in a row to get us into overtime; mr crunch time coming through

22 points for him

then in overtime marvin/slim hit back to back 3s to put us up, but we fouled them 2 times in a row and then slim missed final shot (had 7 secs after they got foul shots to score)

Marvin was 15 for 15 from the free throw line. In two games, Marvin has shot 33 free throws.

It's going to be interesting to see what sort of role he will fill this season, because it's pretty obvious that he has the ability to be a dynamic scorer with his ability to shoot the ball from the perimeter, his ability to drive to the basket, his ability to get to the free throw line, and his developing low post offensive game.

It's pretty easy to see that Marvin is the best player at the RMR. I'd honestly think about pulling him out if I were the Hawks.

I think it was simply a case of the coaching staff not letting him go out there and be this aggressive. They took it slow with him, and unlike during this summer league, they didn't tell him to take over the game.

Marvin has never lacked fire. He's such a coachable player though that he will do whatever the coach wants him to do.

WOW, I don't care if it's summer league games or not, that line is good in any league. Great point about what the coaches expect of him NOW and what they wanted him to do before. We were talking about a 19 year old who showed these flashes, but wasn't consistent with it! I'm so excited and happy for him. If we get the right kind of rotation and comfort zone for him in the regular season, it's going to be fun watching him, Smoove, Johnson, Salim...WOW. I'm excited!

Quote:

15/15 is the same against any competition
smile.gif

and slim hit TWO shots in a row to get us into overtime; mr crunch time coming through

22 points for him

then in overtime marvin/slim hit back to back 3s to put us up, but we fouled them 2 times in a row and then slim missed final shot (had 7 secs after they got foul shots to score)

pretty crappy team they lost to. Not looking good...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What do you mean by this?

Look at the players Dallas had out there. Not a single one of them are any good.

Altalnta doesn't exactly have a bunch of studs on their roster either. So again, what does "not looking good" mean?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What do you mean by this?

Look at the players Dallas had out there. Not a single one of them are any good.

Altalnta doesn't exactly have a bunch of studs on their roster either. So again, what does "not looking good" mean?

The Hawks have two of their potential starters out there and lose to a CBA team. If these guys can't beat teams that are this bad, how can they be expected to help the Hawks win games this year?

Just remember that summer league games are not about getting wins so much. Its about developing and eyeing young talent. Plus, we add all sorts of talent once the season starts. These guys have been randomly put together and are taught an offense in like 2-3 days. The games are awful to watch and have no structure. Trust me when i say these games mean nothing as far as wins and losses.

What is encouraging is how well marvin seems to be playing. He did not look good in the first summer league.

Quote:

Just remember that summer league games are not about getting wins so much. Its about developing and eyeing young talent. Plus, we add all sorts of talent once the season starts. These guys have been randomly put together and are taught an offense in like 2-3 days. The games are awful to watch and have no structure. Trust me when i say these games mean nothing as far as wins and losses.

What is encouraging is how well marvin seems to be playing. He did not look good in the first summer league.

True... but I still expect S.Williams to show more than he has so far.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Hawks have two of their potential starters out there and lose to a CBA team. If these guys can't beat teams that are this bad, how can they be expected to help the Hawks win games this year?

So let me get this right, The fact that Marvin Scores 30 on 11 shots get 10 rebounds 5 assist, 2 steals 1 block shot is meaningless because the team lost? I don't understand you!