• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it time to be concerned about Shelden

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

His stat line against Dallas was worst that his 1st game!

6 points, 3 rebounds, 7 fouls

last week Diesel started a thread making fun of O'Bryant's lack of rebounding in his 1st few summer league games...And wanted to know who wanted that bum over Shelden? Well Diesel, What do you think of Shelden vs O'Bryant now?

The think the Board would like a statement soon!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Shelden will be OK. Give him some time. I think our Summer League is built around Marvin and Salim, period. Although summer league, Marvin's line tonight was studly. He can do a little bit of everything. Now he needs to work on strength, both physical and mental.

• Premium Member

You guys kill me...

Can you have just a little perspective, please? It's the second freakin game. *beating head against wall*

Everyone evidently is so excited about Marvelous tonite... yet, ironically enough, he had to endure this same kind of paranoid scrutiny a year ago.

It's just absurd. Please stop.

Quote:

You guys kill me...

Can you have just a little perspective, please? It's the second freakin game. *beating head against wall*

Everyone evidently is so excited about Marvelous tonite... yet, ironically enough, he had to endure this same kind of paranoid scrutiny a year ago.

It's just absurd. Please stop.

He's 23 years old playing againest non NBA talent and produces 6/3 with SEVEN FOULS?

He might be the next Tractor Trailor. grin.gif

Marvin had just turned 19...he was drafted on upside. We knew last year was going to be a learning year. Shelden, if you BK lovers recall, was drafted as a ready to go player. We couldn't even bring some guys in for workouts because we needed a player who was ready now. We were supposed to be drafting our starting PF. Remember? It wasn't that long ago...Shelden is playing against fringe NBA players at best right now, the kind of players he should be having a lot of success against.

Shelden doesn't look athletic because he isn't...and he damn sure doesn't look ready. I hated the pick but was hoping for the best. It looks even worse than I thought and I wasn't expecting more than 8 and 6 this year. Shavlik Randolph looks a lot better right now.

We had better make the SNT the deal of the century to make up for our lack of a 1st round pick this year. I thought we traded NEXT years pick to PHX...

No. I think it is obvious what is going on. The Hawks focus is to get Marvin to be more aggressive offensively.

Shelden only played 16 minutes. He played 4 yrs of high level college ball so most likely the coaches aren't really worried about trying to develop his game. If they were he would be getting more than 16 minutes and 6 shots a game.

• Premium Member

Quote:

My goodness, It's only his 2nd professional game. Both Joshes and Marvin struggled in summer league and they all were 2nd team all rookie selections.

Give the guy a chance!

I'm just having a little fun with Diesel because when he is against or for a player, he make a million post to reinforce his point of view. He has been emphatically against Marvin and for Shelden so I wanted to give him a little Sh_t

Quote:

Shelden should have fouled out after 12 minutes...I Know thos cagey and crafty Dallas summer league players are hard to stop but that's ridiculous.

Yeah. Its obvious whats going on. It was obvious at the draft. Some people just don't see it.

Dude, are you Diesel's alter-ego. You have picked up on the other Williams this year just as obsessively.

Why do you use dude in every post, dude? I call it like I see it. Shelden was a mistake. It would be nice if I was wrong and it wouldn't be the first time.

But this pick was a huge stretch and we are seeing the signs of a 23 year old "ready" player not very ready.

You can sugar coat this all you want...I couldn't care less. Even if he is proven to be a bust...some will never admit because there is some BK worship here that is really bizarre.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I call it like I see it. Shelden was a mistake.

This statement is Diesel like! We should have fun listening you and Diesel go at it. In fact you should address your displeasure directly to diesel instead of the board. Maybe he can shed some light on the pick.

Do you know anything about basketball texas pete? Summer league games are very un organized. Hardly any set plays, it is basically a motion offense. That is why guards and wings dominate the ball. If you cannot understand something that simple, go get your knowledge up before you bash players.I have not watched the games so I am not going to talk him up, but it is retarted to bash a guy based off two summer league games.

Jwest, what do I need links for? Sheldon put up 20/10 both time he playe May his JR year, played solid aganist Okafor in the Semi's his soph year, and owned LA this year. Anyone who watches college basketball knows this. No links are needed.