• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who are your untouchables?

tmac13

• Moderators

Nobody is untouchable for me - it is all relative to what is being offered in return. However, I would be really miss all the guys you listed because I am excited to see them come into their own as Hawks.

• Premium Member

Simple put, it all depends on who or what we get back.

I'd trade JJ if we got a good young player and 3 1st round picks...

For instance, if LAC said Livingston and 3 1st rounders for JJ.. I'm all over that like stink on ----.

because the bottom line is that I don't value any one player on the Hawks team more than I value the Hawks team.

Quote:

I'm just curious, who are your untradable Hawks?

Mine are JJ, Smoove, and Marvin..Anyone else that would bring back a player to improve the team I am open to moving..

We have no untouchables.

Lebron James is the only player in the entire league that as a GM I would accept no proposed trade for.

No one on the Hawks is even close to "untradeable".

Are yall honestly telling me you wouldn't do some of these trades?

JJ for Dwayne Wade or Lebron James

Josh Smith for Kevin Garnett

Marvin for Dirk Nowitzki

Like I said...no one on our team is near untradeable

Maybe I should have phrased the question differently..Of course we would trade any of our guys for Wade or LeBron..Maybe the question should have been who is part of our long term nucleus that we would not want to part with except for the superstar player in return...

• Premium Member

Like I said before, it depends on the situation...

Some of you feel like JJ is a long term never to be traded unless we can get Kobe kind of player. I say not so fast. If we can get potential and picks at a much lower price, why not.

That doesn't mean I'm trading Smoove for a first. That's silly.

Nor amd I trading Marvin for a first.

or Chillz for a first.

However if there's a player with potential and some picks and the move either helps our situation financially or team structuredly, I'm for it.

For instance, I don't know if he's ever been to an allstar game, i don't think so, but who wouldn't trade JJ for Amare, Filler, and a first.

If Utah were offering, I would probably consider JJ for Deron & 2 1st rounders.

and I would do it easily. Same applies to Chris Paul.

Because truth be told, we can find another SG.

IF Milwaukee said Villianueva/1st for Smoove, it would take a lot for me to say no.

• Premium Member

There may be one or two still stinging from the fact that Phoenix has screwed us in every deal we have made with them...

However, Amare is coming off of Serious injury.

Bu he played in SL...

So, your point is valid.

• Premium Member

As much as a game changer Oden may look like coming out of HS, I don't think he will be one. Something tells me too much too soon. For the past 2 years he has been touted as the savior of the NBA. That kind of treatment tends to spoil a player... I'm going to be watching OSU intently this season to see what's all the fuss about.

Having seen a couple of his HS games, I was thoroughly unimpressed. I mean yeah, he's a 17 year old with the body (and face) of a 35 year old, but that's about it. I was thoroughly unimpressed by his skills. That being said I didn't think Lebron would be this good either (although my main objection was that his passing wouldnt hold up as a PG in the NBA), but I don't see what's so outstanding about Oden other than size at a young age.