• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Real GM. As of 11:39 PM, Al Harrington is a Pacer

flava

Quote:

Quote:

I'm happy with any trade that ships off Josh Childress. I loathe him so much, but my point is, maybe it's something like

Al, Childress for Sjax, Foster and a round 1?

I'd rather them keep Childress and not trade for Stephen Jackson.

Agreed.

Bringing Jackson back would make zero sense. I doubt that he is actually involved in the deal but if he is that would be another black mark against BK.

Okay, whereever the Jackson info came from . . . . I mostly liked Jackson while he was here. I liked him more when we traded him for Al. If he stays, he'd have to play some 2 and I don't know if he can. I'm with Jim, if he's in the trade, I'm thinkin' it's with another team. If Jax is involved, it should be a day to remember here on HS, as that's a fairly nonsensical trade, absent further details. Really does sound like it will happen today. If not, I'm sure I can imagine some 14-team, 46-player deal (press conference tomorrow--I am a friend to everyone in the deal) to make up for discussion! laugh.gif

Quote:

I'm happy with any trade that ships off Josh Childress. I loathe him so much, but my point is, maybe it's something like

Al, Childress for Sjax, Foster and a round 1?

you loathe Childress? you realize this is a basketball forum right? that's a sport where goal is for the ball goes into a hole with a net...

Cruising through the RealGM Pacers board has been kinda fun. Lots of similar personalities with our folks here. Not surprising. Two things:

1. Not much use of evidence there. Lots of just flat out opinion.

2. Somewhat of an overestimation/underestimation of Harrison and Foster.

I'm okay with Foster if ALL he does is rebound.

What's the deal with Harrison? I agree they probably won't give him up, but as a fan of Big 12 bball, I just remember him as the Stay-Puff Marshmellow Man at Colorado. Size but zero intensity. As they say about size, however, . . . .

Quote:

Is there anything that says that this is only a two team trade?

I read somewhere that there may be a third team involved and to be quite honest I certainly hope thats the case cuz there isn't anything that Indy could or WOULD offer that would make any sense for the Atlanta Hawks...any guy on Indy that would or could possibly be thrown into this deal isn't any person you'd write home about

What I don't understand is even bothering to release the information that Als been shipped off when theirs MINIMAL details for either side...its gotta be one of the most unclear deals I've ever seen heard or read about...

Quote:

Quote:

Is there anything that says that this is only a two team trade?

I read somewhere that there may be a third team involved and to be quite honest I certainly hope thats the case cuz there isn't anything that Indy could or WOULD offer that would make any sense for the Atlanta Hawks...any guy on Indy that would or could possibly be thrown into this deal isn't any person you'd write home about

What I don't understand is even bothering to release the information that Als been shipped off when theirs MINIMAL details for either side...its gotta be one of the most unclear deals I've ever seen heard or read about...

Welcome aboard, Sha. How did you come to be a Hawks fan up in CT?

Quote:

It's a weird deal. The fact that only one local station is reporting it is pretty unique. I would've figured that an hour or so after they broke it, several other bigger sources would've found a way to either confirm or deny it. The fact that it hasen't been squashed or confirmed make me believe that it's real, but not quite complete yet. I think there's at least one other team involved, and the teams are still figuring things out. The basics could be agreed to, but stuff like pick protection, cash include, and future considerations might be being tweaked.

Quote:

...It's a weird deal. The fact that only one local station is reporting it is pretty unique. I would've figured that an hour or so after they broke it, several other bigger sources would've found a way to either confirm or deny it...

Yeah..I was thinkin the same thing T. One would think ESPN would be all over this since they love to break things first (or close to first). Makes me wonder. Could be from an inside source (kind of a leak), and the station promised to protect his/her identity. If nobody else will confirm...the station looks kinda bad for not double checking their source before going on the air with it.

But then hey - it's not a national security issue - it's the nba. Rumors make it fun.

Quote:

Thanks! I must admit I haven't been one of very long just from the start of this past season...I was watching some game early in the season I think it was the game against Portland where they got robbed (the first time) and it was fun to root for them...they were (are) young and fun...haven't missed a Hawks game since that point...the BF is a Hawks fan though from like forever...he was born there he never converted me into one himself I found my way on my own but ofcourse he's thrilled

sorry to get too off topic...but...you did ask

and tmac that wouldn't surprise me at all

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks! I must admit I haven't been one of very long just from the start of this past season...I was watching some game early in the season I think it was the game against Portland where they got robbed (the first time) and it was fun to root for them...they were (are) young and fun...haven't missed a Hawks game since that point...the BF is a Hawks fan though from like forever...he was born there he never converted me into one himself I found my way on my own but ofcourse he's thrilled

Sounds almost like converting into Judaism smile.gif

Converting to Judaism is probably less painful than being transformed into a Hawks fan!!

Looking back on it, I've been a fan since I knew what a basketball and Tree Rollins was. And I'm still a Hawks fan!! The medication and therapy are working fine I'd say!

Quote:

Converting to Judaism is probably less painful than being transformed into a Hawks fan!!

It depends upon whether or not you were circumsized at birth smile.gif (talking about men here, obv)

Quote:

Quote:

Sha - your boyfriend is a lucky man.