• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WTF is up with you guys?

y2kenta

When the centerpieces these people are talking about is Troy Murphy and Samuel Dalembert, it's stupid.

Someone could make a case in spending the money for Chris Wilcox and not be stupid, because he has actually shown signs of being good. But these guys are moaning and groaning over not getting Troy friggin Murphy and his $50+ million over the next 5 years.

Let's get real here. Most of the fans in question only wanted a trade for the sake of making a trade. They have no concept of what it means to take on that big of a contract for that long and what that does to the salary structure of the team. Jason Walker once did a piece on replacement value that I think most people have forgotten about.

Even Bernie Mullin states this morning that the only other deals being offered were for bad contracts and underachieving players, yet they still gripe because we aren't getting a player in return. That first round pick holds more value than any player that was being offered, and the fact that the Hawks are getting it without having to take on one of those bad contracts is nothing but a plus.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

KB21 no offense but that attitude is insulting. People can actually disagree about basketball issues and still have a good grasp of the NBA. I am mid management in a Fortune 500 insurance company with a duck as a mascot with two degrees in history. I have watched the NBA since my father would take me to watch the Hawks starting at three years of age. I sincerely doubt that I or anyone else here would be "unintelligent" because of a disagreement on an internet message board.

Call me crazy though.
tongue.gif

Is that duck voiced by Gilbert Godfried?

Yes but our IT department would swarm down on me quicker than bookstore security guards for stealing a battery if I used the initials for my company. But yes, that is the one.

Last time I checked, you aren't one that is belly aching over not getting Troy Murphy, and you aren't one that is supporting the foolish idea of trading for Samuel Dalembert.

Tell me, how does supporting either one of those constitute anything but stupidity?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Last time I checked, you aren't one that is belly aching over not getting Troy Murphy, and you aren't one that is supporting the foolish idea of trading for Samuel Dalembert.

Tell me, how does supporting either one of those constitute anything but stupidity?

Oh I was not saying that in reference to me. My apologies. I simply meant that while we can all disagree on a particular trade/player/signing we do not have to lower someone's intelligence accordingly due to how much we agree with them. Or not.

If that is the case, then why is it that I can get into any MD residency program while MD graduates cannot get into any DO residency programs?

Don't speak on issues that you don't have a clue about. I'll rip you apart.

Quote:

We tried to trade for Marcus Williams. BK said so, but the Suns wouldnt deal with us again. You can get good talent with a mid first round pick. Should I start listing players?

Yes please! Show me a list of mid-round draft picks who have come in and scored 19ppg in their rookie year - since that's what we are giving up for this pick.

But wait - we need the pick to do that THIS year.

Quote:

If that is the case, then why is it that I can get into any MD residency program while MD graduates cannot get into any DO residency programs?

This is one of those KB21 posts that is MUCH funnier when read in your mind using the Arnold Schwarzenegger voice.

Quote:

Because MD's don't want to go to DO programs.

I have many friends who attended med school, and at least one who went to DO school. The one who went to DO school did so because he did not get into an MD program.

But you are right, most people would turn down Hopkins and Harvard to co to PCSOM.

Quote:

Like I said.

You are one of the few quality posters on this board. Don't ruin it.

If you expect virtually everyone on the board to take your outrageously arrogant criticisms of their mental faculties in stride, you can take my comparisons of you to Arnold Schwarzenegger in stride.

Could you use "it's not a toomah" or "get your ahss to mahrs!" in a future post? I'd be grateful!