• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gery Woelfel: Magloire to Portland "official"

mrhonline

just read the actual article - I woundn't say this is a done deal - if the Hawks wanted in, they could still trump Portland - which begs the question - do the Hawks want in on Magloire? - seems to me yes but not so sure what Billy is thinking...

flava

• Premium Member

They traded one logjam for another of more value.

Portland will bring Aldridge along slowly and Magloire is just a one year rental that they may cash in at the deadline. Maybe they send Magloire to some playoff team in need of a C at the deadline for a first rounder. I can see them trading him to the Lakers...

They have no plans to resign him, so they got rid of some unwanted contract and will probably get a first out of the deal.

The more I think about it, the more I think Drew Gooden may be in our future. We'd still have to give someone up for him in a SnT, possibly Childress and Batista. Varejao could start at PF for them and Childress would be great for their depth. For us it's...

Claxton | Lue

Johnson | Stoudamire

Smith | M.Williams

Gooden | S.Williams

Pachulia | Jones

Sign someone like Kelvin Cato, Scot Pollard, or Jake Voskuhl to backup Pachulia for cheap and where set.

Guest Walter

...worse. Magliore was the guy I wanted to "try out" for a year to see if he meshed well and thought that as a near true center he would allow us some acceptable use of JS and MW at the forwards without being so undersized. Oh well. I wonder how we'll spin this one.

W

Magloire sucks, y'all. He's a 28 year-old "all-star" center, but yet he's about to play on his third team in as many years, and he's being traded for guys like Desmond Mason and now Steve Blake.

There's got to be a reason these teams are trying to get rid of him like this. And just look at his stats...the only area where he's even remotely close to all-star level is in rebounding. Despite being a big man he has a low shooting percentage and doesn't block a lot of shots.

Quote:

Magloire sucks, y'all. He's a 28 year-old "all-star" center, but yet he's about to play on his third team in as many years, and he's being traded for guys like Desmond Mason and now Steve Blake.

There's got to be a reason these teams are trying to get rid of him like this. And just look at his stats...the only area where he's even remotely close to all-star level is in rebounding. Despite being a big man he has a low shooting percentage and doesn't block a lot of shots.

He sucks? So who exactly were we going to get that was better than him? Foster? Harrison? Please.

Quote:

It's amazing that Jamaal's last two seasons has dropped his value this drastically. Milwaukee is hardly getting anything for him in this deal.

I've had my doubts about Jamaal based on his steady decline in production over the last two year, but Portland is getting him for a song. Does Larry Harris owe Steve Patterson some favors or something?

So much for Billy having control over getting Jamal. He ain't running anything. Now he needs to get this deal done and get it over with so maybe somehow he can get a backup center.

Quote:

No they traded Ratliff to Boston along with Telfair pick #7. I wonder if Bernie was talking about Zach Randolph?

God I hope not. Zbo's contract has been talked about by ownership publicly as a mistake. For us to go after him and his mammoth contract would be a mistake also.

Portland is going to be a very interesting team in a few years. They are absolutely stock piled now with you talent. They could be looking at a starting line-up in a year of Jack/Roy/Webster/Aldridge/Pryz with some decent talent off the bench in Freeland, Kryapa, Rodriguez, Outlaw, Dixon, etc.

Roy will likely be their JJ/star, with scoring helo from Aldridge. Webster will be a deep threat, Jack a leader on the floor with his toughness and Pryz doing the dirty work inside.

Impressive collection of young guys to be sure.

They need to jetison Randolph and Miles asap and get a few stable veterans to set the tone for the next two years.

Quote:

Portland is going to be a very interesting team in a few years. They are absolutely stock piled now with you talent. They could be looking at a starting line-up in a year of Jack/Roy/Webster/Aldridge/Pryz with some decent talent off the bench in Freeland, Kryapa, Rodriguez, Outlaw, Dixon, etc.

They need to jetison Randolph and Miles asap and get a few stable veterans to set the tone for the next two years.

They traded Khryapa to the bulls, and dixon is most likely gone from what I have heard. Hopefully you are right and portland turns it around. I'm a lot less worried about randolph than miles. Most are saying that Miles at this point is untradeable unless portland throws in aldridge or roy just to dump his contract. He is going into the 3rd year of a 6 year 48 mil contract. *shudder*

Guest Walter

Quote:

Well not exactly, but they remade their Pg-heavy team in a single offseason, filling not only every starting position with starter quality talent but providing BUs with potential at almost every position.

I can't see them getting rid of both Miles and Randolph but who knows the way they remade their team this offseason.

Miles and Randolph will be tought to move for sure.

But you have to be excited about that potential starting five of Jack/Roy/Webster/Aldridge/Pryz. The best thing about that potential line-up is that they all potentially complement each other well: Jack is not a pure point but does not have to be playing next to Roy who can help with the playmaking. Aldridge can focus on offensive while Pryz does the dirty work inside, and Webster's shooting ability will be great when ever Roy/Jack slash to the hoop and pass it out or when the defense collapses inside on Aldridge. Lots of athletic ability in that line-up and good size as well.

Obviously one or all could bust but it looks good in theory.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Obviously one or all could bust but it looks good in theory.

...but with Rodriguez and Outlaw among others they have some great talent on the bench.

W