• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stop Crying about a Magloire

Rexhawk

We fans need to understand that this team is set for the start of the season like it or not. Starting five=Speedy, Joe, Marvin,Josh Smith, and ZaZa. Childress, Lue, Sheldon, and Salim coming off the bench.

There is no big time sign and trade or free agent available. I listened to the entire Bernie interview last friday and my take is that we will sign someone like Lorenzen Wright, Chris Mihm,or Stomile Swift. Magloire was never in the picture.

Bernie's statement during the interview was that we lost games last year because we did not have a solid big to come off the bench. We now have Sheldon coming off the bench as a powerforward and the new player at center. Any combination of Shelden and Mihms, Swift, or Wright makes us a much better team than last year.

• Premium Member

Listening to BK, Woody, and comments from Bernie..

I think all mentioned that they loved what Zaza gave us but he got tired down the stretch and they needed somebody to fill in because they feel they gave him too many minutes.

Lue for Mihm...

• Moderators

I'm cool with Mihm. I think we could use Lue though. but having Mihm is probably more important.

Losing Al's production may be a problem but I think most of us believe that JJ/Marvin/Smoove will make it up. I was happy with the way we played most of last year and with the addition of Speedy, Sheldon, and hopefully one other big then I think we will be much better.

I'm probably in the minority here but I wasn't that hyped on Magliore. His game has eroded and he's not suited to the fast paced style that all teams are adopting. It's obvious the league thinks so as well based upon what Portland gave up to get him.

I think Lue for Mihm makes a lot of sense, probably for both teams involved. I think the Lakers tried to get Lue last season, plus Kwame and Bynum make Mihm expendable. Lue would fill 2 needs for the Lakers also, which is a veteran PG and a shooter (plus he's played for Phil before and knows the trinagle).

PG: Speedy Claxton / Royal Ivey

SG: Joe Johnson / Salim Stoudamire

SF: Marvin Williams / Josh Childress

PF: Josh Smith / Shelden Williams

C:: Zaza Pachulia / Chris Mihm

That looks like a pretty solid lineup to me. We would miss Lue, but Mihm is a massive upgrade at backup center.

• Premium Member

Lazy Lo hasn't changed. I don't think he's better than Mihm in any way except maybe rebounding. I think it's pretty telling that Memphis is big man starved... They traded for Stromile (a player they grew to not want) and they have made NO Attempt to re-sign Lo...

LL doesn't play strong defense. LL's offense is not as polished as Mihm.

Mihm is a 1 year try out.

Quote:

I think Lue for Mihm makes a lot of sense, probably for both teams involved. I think the Lakers tried to get Lue last season, plus Kwame and Bynum make Mihm expendable. Lue would fill 2 needs for the Lakers also, which is a veteran PG and a shooter (plus he's played for Phil before and knows the trinagle).

PG: Speedy Claxton / Royal Ivey

SG: Joe Johnson / Salim Stoudamire

SF: Marvin Williams / Josh Childress

PF: Josh Smith / Shelden Williams

C:: Zaza Pachulia / Chris Mihm

That looks like a pretty solid lineup to me. We would miss Lue, but Mihm is a massive upgrade at backup center.

I think BK is prejudiced against Black centers. Over the past 4 years our centers have been

Zaza

Peja Drob

Jason Collier

Pryz

The Senator

Hanno Mattola

Ingram (In summer league)

Not forgeting David Andersen

That is a disproportionate number of white centers in a league that is 80% black. I don't think that even Utah could make that claim

• Premium Member

A 6'7-6-9 team with a Big white Center.

He said he wanted to model this team after the Pacers.

Rose, Reggie, McKey, Davis, Smits...

You do the math.

JJ = Reggie.

Marvin = McKey

Shelden = Davis

Lue = Best

JSmoove = Davis

Mihm = Smits..

Or maybe we're setting our sights on Big Z?

Quote:

A 6'7-6-9 team with a Big white Center.

He said he wanted to model this team after the Pacers.

Rose, Reggie, McKey, Davis, Smits...

You do the math.

JJ = Reggie.

Marvin = McKey

Shelden = Davis

Lue = Best

JSmoove = Davis

Mihm = Smits..

Or maybe we're setting our sights on Big Z?

If we get Big Z I will upgrade my tickets. Next to Zaza he is my favorite stiff.