• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Walter, if you were GM.....

DavidSomerset

How would you have wanted this offseason to unfold?

I'm not calling you out, I am genuinely curious.

I know you hate BK (I can understand why), and question many of his moves in the draft, free agency, and even how he is handling this Al Harrington situation. You have a pretty negative view to the organization and how it is run, so I am just curious how you would do it.

If you could go back in time to the beginning of this offseason, before the draft or Free Agency, how would you have handled this offseason?

I would have gone for Foye in the draft and then would have made a move for Wilcox as the big we need. No to Claxton...

We would have a fast lineup or one with Z. I like...

Foye (combo)

JJ (combo)

Marvin (SF)

Smoove (PF)

Wilcox (PF/C)

That would have been nasty. The athletes on a team like that cause so many matchup problems. The team above is in the playoffs. You would also have Z, Chill, Lue off the bench. Instead, we have Claxton and Shelden. Sorry, I think my team beats Billy's. But, most teams beat Billy's.

• Premium Member

You get all the extra personas of Walter (with the same IP)...

vs.

All the extra personas of Exodus/Johnny Bravo (with the same IP)....

And let them go at it in a ten man battle royal with

The Fabulous Mullah of Hawksquawk as the guest referee.

Have BBPrincess to do a live remote chat on the match.

and

Get KB to do color commentary because you know that we all tune in to Hawksquawk to hear what KB will say next! or something like that.

And AHF can be the VOICE OF REASON... in this epic battle.

Guest Walter

Conditional options (considering we didn't trade Al Harrington at the deadline) with varying degrees of realism:

Option 1: I would look to have traded for Bargnani. Chill and the #5 pick to Toronto. We still need a superstar IMO and Bargnani would have the most potential to be one of anyone on our team. He's also a Pf.

Al for Miller preferably.

FAs Push hard for Pryzbilla...if not Anderson, Speedy (or the like if Miller NA), Butler (or another budget big)

Lineup?

Miller/Lue/Salim

JJ

JS/MW

Bargnani/Butler

Pryz and/or Anderson and ZaZa

2nd option:

Draft Roy to play alongside JJ, still sign Speedy (or the like) = 3 man guard rotation

Trade Lue, Chill, and a resigned Al for Lamar Odom and an LA top 5-8 protected 1st rd pick, Bynum, or perhaps Walton. Three man forward rotation.

Pushed like hell to sign Pryzbilla, sobbing apology and all.

Sign budget big alah Jackie Butler.

Guards - JJ, Roy, Speedy also Salim

Forwards - MW, JS, and Odom

Centers - ZaZa and Pryz

BU Pf/C Butler

Oh and a part of both...Cut Edwards yesterday.

Part of either option which would have changed things considerably...I would have looked into trading Marvin Williams and a resigned Al to Indy for Jermaine O'neal or MW/Salim for Livingston.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

anything to not give the marvin/smoove forward tandem a chance, huh?

In one of my two options I run a MW, JS, and Odom in a 3 man forward rotation. In the other I draft Bargnani and project him as a Pf letting JS and MW duke it out for Sf. JS starts at Sf over MW because he's most definately earned it to this point.

In otherwords, I DIDN'T EVEN TRADE MW in either of my two scenarios!

Now would I not look into trading MW? Hell, yes I would because he's our most valuable, positionally redundant player, but I would only do it for a very good deal (i.e. MW for Livingston or MW and Al for JO).

The short of it is...WHAT A LAME POST ON YOUR PART NICHOLAS27! I didn't even trade MW and yet you condemn me for not giving MW and JS (one as a Pf) "a chance"?!? What does one have to do to "give them a chance"? Gutt all other forwards from the roster?!? I got it! Draft Sheldon Williams at Pf! That'll give MW and JS a chance. What a brilliant idea. Hell, BK can shore up or even improve the Pf position and for you it's called "giving JS and MW as a forward tandem a chance". I do it, getting better players or ones with significantly greater upside and I'm a Sf tandem traitor. Fact is I don't like the idea of MW and JS, both better as Sfs, manning the two forward positions and frankly the only justifiable reason BK drafted SW was because neither did he.

You don't even make a case against the teams I "built". You just make an ass of yourself.

W

Only an idiot like Diesel could somehow connect me to Johnnybravo. I seem to disagree with JB on almost everything.

JB has wanted to bring in AI, Francis, Cato, James, all of whom I don't like. JB thinks Salim is a legit option at pg which i think is just a joke. JB loves Zaza who i think is very overrated here.

After one argument he told me to "exodus yourself off my nuts, punk." lol. We have definitely had our differences.

Only someone with a screw loose, like Diesel, would create a new username to argue with himself.

And it goes without saying that Diesel is too much of a coward to argue with me directly since i have punk'd him so many times. Now he can just hide behind the filter because he knows i would always clown him in any argument.

where did i mention that you traded marvin?

i merely am pointing out that by getting bargainman for pf or lamar odom, u are keeping the marvin/smoove starting forward tandem from occurring

every post of yours, in most threads, even if loosely related, have to do with marvin and u, like diesel, like to propose trades/signings/scenarios where marvin/smoove can't start together...because if they do, then you would be proven to be very wrong and have to eat crow

Guest Walter

HYPOCRITE!!!

Quote:

i merely am pointing out that by getting bargainman for pf or lamar odom, u are keeping the marvin/smoove starting forward tandem from occurring

How? Are MW or JS not able to shine through Odom or Bargnani? If not, why care. What's more important? A better team or the "sacred MW & JS Sf tandem"?

SW was drafted to play Pf and unlike Odom we HAVE to give him time to develop. Thus, he may take even more time away from JS and MW than Odom. Bargnani, has more talent at Pf than both JS or MW hands down and he's 7' tall with Nowitzki-skills! "Calling me out" for wanting more talent at the Pf position when you're inclined to support less in the form of SW to more easily justify (benching SW and attempting) a 2 Sf experiment in JS and MW, is both a many faceted display of basketball ignorance and a pot shot at me.

Quote:

every post of yours, in most threads, even if loosely related, have to do with marvin and u, like diesel, like to propose trades/signings/scenarios where marvin/smoove can't start together...because if they do, then you would be proven to be very wrong and have to eat crow

You sound like a GD mad man! Trying to find the conspiracy in everything!

I have to an extent a different philosophy of basketball relative to BK, one that at least acknowledges if not prefers skill and position diversity over skill and position redundancy.

I couldn't care less about anything other than winning. I don't believe that either of JS or MW playing the majority of Pf minutes is good! JS is has been and is better and I believe will continue to be better than MW. I would most definately consider a trade for the lesser of the two, regardless, if it brought us back equal talent or better at a position of need...WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULDN'T?!? IF we're gonna keep both for now we better GD have a Pf worthy enough to man at least a slim majority of the PF minutes because forcing JS to play at Pf for 30 MPG is just brutal. He has shown absolutely NO interest in the Pf position...

Hell, I've posted this all before but all your silly little mind can get its synapses around is "Walter hates MW"! What a GD crock of [censored]! I didn't like his selection over the Pgs, expecially Paul (only a fool would now), nor do I think he's the 2nd coming of anything, but I think he's a good prospect I don't hate or want to fail individually or as a compliment to JS. I just don't believe the 2, Sf campaign without a dominate center works or is the best spending of our capitol, especially when we have other important holes to fill! That isn't hate. That's my opinion of reality reflected in performance. & hell, if your intent upon believing your nonsense over what I actually say, especially when I don't even trade MW in my examples, then go f- yourself.

The point isn't my beliefs, it's your [censored] up response to it. You are blind to the fact that Billy Knight just got a GD Pf, albeit a lesser one who needs developing, that will often sit MW or JS and (BOOO!) threaten the sacred small forward tandem. Instead you call me out for doing the same thing, yet with my acquiring more to much more talent! You'd sabotage the team getting better JUST to see if MW and JS, one of them with their majority of MPG at Pf, worked out to whatever degree. Inane!

W

shelden doesn't have to start, and could even play some center possibly

odom would have to start, just like al would if re-signed

u know there is a difference in getting shelden and getting odom

i don't want them to have that 2nd option to defer to like they did with al

i want them to be the men at pf position and prove themselves to be a powerful duo

if they end up being strong individually, but not as a pair, then we can look to trade them...or move one to backup if that is where they are most suited...but don't sabatoge the tandem by bringing in an automatic 35mpg starter in odom

your problem isn't that you don't like marvin; we all acknowledge your view and can appreciate your viewpoint on the situation

however, our problem with you is how you go about it, posting it in every thread that you see and beating the dead horse over and over again...i'm not even close to the only one that has mentioned this to u

and how exactly am i a hypocrite?

i didn't wanna get shelden...but i'm supporting him now that he's on the team

i wasn't all over foye/roy either tho, since they are combo guards and not pgs...i wanted to trade down for marcus/rondo or sene or something

shelden can be our defensive pg/c floater without starting...marvin was drafted 2 and didn't start, so why do u think shelden would have to? but odom WOULD start

and they won't defer to shelden as he's a rookie and here for his defense, but they would for odom

and shelden can possibly play some center mins depending, so that may work as well

i'd rather we got a true one or a true 5 from the draft, but it didn't happen and there weren't any in our draft range

that's the past, let's move forward

with our current lineup, i don't think we should sacrifice marvin/smoove's chances at starting forward unless it brings us back something significant

i don't consider odom that significant piece worth breaking up the starting tandem we've got

Guest Walter

Quote:

however, our problem with you is how you go about it, posting it in every thread that you see and beating the dead horse over and over again...i'm not even close to the only one that has mentioned this to u

First, I WAS DIRECTLY ASKED TO POST HOW I WOULD HAVE RUN THIS OFFSEASON!

Second, in BOTH options I kept MW on the team.

So, if you don't like my view point (which you obviously don't), certainly don't ask me about it, when I am asked about it don't be upset when I give it, and when I give it sans the "trade our most valuable, most redundant asset" which you most have issue with don't read into I included such a thing just so you can get upset and start [censored].

Quote:

and how exactly am i a hypocrite?

i didn't wanna get shelden...but i'm supporting him now that he's on the team

So you rant and rave, accusing me in my offseason plans of doing exactly what BK did (getting a Pf) despite SW's having less talent, BECAUSE he's already done it. You even congratulate BK for getting SW because he's not talented enough to start and wouldn't take such opportunities away from starting 2 Sfs. Am I the only one that see this as IGNORANT, team defeating behavior?!? Get less talent at a position to accomodate others. D@mnit! First MW's selection forces players out of their ideal position and now it has proponents arguing for less talent so he won't have to come off the bench. WHAT?!?

Anyhow, that's all BRILLIANT! How can I ever hope to have such favor with you when I don't have the GM job? Maybe you should simply consider my version of what I would do in the offseason as having already occured and either Odom or Bargnani as part of the team. Then you will have to as you put it "support him now that he's on the team". Great reasoning there.

Fact is we all "support" every player. Nobody wants a player to fail. I simply do not believe that MW is more valuable to us as a positionally redundant asset than an equally talented player at a position of need. Now, is that so hard to grasp without bringing up "hate" or being if not a hypocrite a BK apologist just because he has the power to make decisions (and thus any decision he makes you necessarily "support now that he's on the team").

P.S. Shelden is 6'-freakin' 7". No argument as to why he is a good choice should include his "ability" to play center. Hell, Odom or Bargnani can "play" center for that matter. Give me a break. You give BK a pass on SW, because SW is now a "part of the team", but you jump all over my ass because I get better talent to play the Pf position, risking NOT WINS but the sacred dual Sf starting lineup. One never proven to work and most likely doomed to fail. Where are your priorities and loyalties? You'll do anything to stand up for a gimmick frontline of MW, JS, and SW. That is not being a fan of the Hawks. Try considering what is best for the team not your sacred dream of a 2, Sf starting lineup.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

shelden doesn't have to start, and could even play some center possibly

You don't even believe the later part of what you are saying ("...possibly") and the former part is just ludicrious. WHY doesn't SW have to start? He was a top 5, NBA-ready pick? Is it because you prefer us have gotten a less talented NBA player just so MW (or JS) wouldn't have to come off the bench? Does that strike you as [censored] up? More to the point, even if you prefer less over more talented players at the same position, why would you take offense at others, like myself, that prefer more talent over less at the same position? Why would you rant about it?

Quote:

i want them to be the men at pf position and prove themselves to be a powerful duo

The important word is PROVE. Why would you be against Bargnani in either case? He's young and wouldn't "have to start". Are you afraid Bargnani's better than MW? What is your fear here against better talent at the same position? You argue for a tandem and not a team. That is f-d up.

Quote:

if they end up being strong individually, but not as a pair, then we can look to trade them...or move one to backup if that is where they are most suited...but don't sabatoge the tandem by bringing in an automatic 35mpg starter in odom

Exactly. That's why I didn't trade them as part of my original response in this thread. In effect, you agree with me only you want MW and JS, both ideally Sfs, to have Pf and Sf position exclusivity and to ensure that you demand we draft or aquire less talented players not deemed a threat to them and weaken the team for their benefit. That's team sabotage on your part.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

I wouldn't be averse to giving up Marvin or Smoove if we got Jermaine O'Neal back. This team hasn't had a low post threat in the slightest since SAR was here.

And if Indy wanted to rebuild it would justify a move to do so for them.

They would immediately have their first piece in MW. They'd then work to dump bad contracts and salary and perhaps be high lotto in this big upcoming draft. All depends on whether they think they can rebuild around O'Neal or not despite whatever they say.

W