• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrington Staying In Atlanta

gsuteke

I would be willing to bet that more than half of the teams in the league allow the same amount of guard penetration we do ....the difference is we had ZZ/Al at the 4/5.

Both can't jump, don't move their feet well and allow layups/and 1s.

Sure our guard play will improve with Speedy, but we need bigs that help, not help themselves on the offensive end.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

anyone else have a strong reaction when they first read that headline on the Squawk's front page?!?!

that's the dumbest thing I've heard. Are people stupid? Where th f*ck are you going to play everybody? If this did happen, it would be the final nail in the coffin that convinces me that Billy can't get the job done.

I had a strong negative reaction because I immediately thought we'd resigned AL.

The sig is the sig. it hasn't changed for months.

Quote:

Utah

Denver

The funny part is that Diesel is suddenly talking about the Hawks lack of interior D but fails to mention Zaza, who is apparently blameless. The fact is that the Hawks interior D will continue to suck as long as Zaza is getting most of the minutes at center.

And Al had only 14 blocks on the season. That coupled with the fact that he didn't stay in front of people at all in the post, he just let them go by, means that yes he is a horrible defender.

i know you all have your favorite players on the team.

Zaza is in no way getting a pass in my book. he should be on coming off the bench. i've been saying that for a while.

My dilemma is I have to go on what Billy Knight has provided us. We have no center outside of Zaza. what we're trying to figure out is which player we need to move to get him on the bench. The current Indy deal does not fit the bill.

• Premium Member

That would be worth something if the argument was about Al being a defensive stopper??

However, the argument is that with Al out of the lineup, our defense doesn't get any better!!

You cannot say any thing that can change that fact. Nothing.

So keep on throwing your smoke screens... Hell, why not post the JJ out stats too... They still don't change the fact that with Al out, our defense doesn't get better.

Next up for the blame game.. Zaza.

that's because jj was forced to play out of position at pg where he isn't fast enough to be a great defender

he also played >40mpg so there was only a few mins of garbage time that he wasn't on the court, while al was out while the other team had good players still trying to score

also, i'm not sure why u'd call me exodus...we don't have similiar views on most hawks issues, such as Lue and Zaza...I don't like lue and like zaza, he's the opposite

the only thing we have in common is not liking al and arguing against you

• Premium Member

Quote:

that's because jj was forced to play out of position at pg where he isn't fast enough to be a great defender

he also played >40mpg so there was only a few mins of garbage time that he wasn't on the court, while al was out while the other team had good players still trying to score

yada yada yada...

where's the cheese and the violin to go with all this whine!

It's inconsistent BS too.

If JJ's on the court during garbage time are you saying his defense gets worse?

Quote:

I mean the only thing we are really holding up are the Sports writers, who are dying to finally print up these headlines

"PACERS BACK" -Indy Star

"Indiana Poised to Compete in the East" Indy Star Online

"We're gonna win it all" -Pacers writer on Real GM

"Pacers are still a ways away" -Chad Ford

"Pacers are still a man away from competing in my opinion, because the fact of the matter is that they still don't have a true cener to play along side Jermaine O'neal. He told me that just the other day." Stephen A. Smith

LOL

I'm saying that when he's off the court, the other team may not be looking to score as much as when he is on the court

plus, we are discussing Al's defense, not JJ's...JJ is not an all-world defender and nobody is saying he is; however, he is an above average defender at the sg position

You really want to get me started on you again? Have you already forgotten how many times I exposed your ignorance?

If you want to bring me into your arguments then stop hiding behind your filter chump.

First you say I am Johnnybravo now I am Nicholas. If you want to start an argument with me then address me directly and stop hiding like a pansy. Otherwise STFU.

I'm not of the camp that says we're going to be a better win team with AL than without him. That's not a very good argument considering the only pieces that we would add to last years equation is Speedy, Shelden and a distant Solomon. To me, AL doesn't need to be kept and it shouldn't be a consideration when you talk about developing Marvin/Smoove.

The problem I would have would be the compensation. If we let him go for the future pick and have no backup plans to get the BIG that we want, it's a waste of all of our times crying about our defense. The ballboy would score 30 in the paint!