• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks News

Diesel

• Premium Member

Knicks have Jeffries...

Isiah said he plans to play Curry, Frye, and Jeffries up front.

However, the news is that Isiah seems willing to pull the trigger on a Qrich for Miles trade.

Supposedly, Qrich is a lockerroom problem.

Who would have guessed. Also funny is that Qrich is being traded for his buddy from LAC where they both were a hot mess.

So the question is can the Knicks be good under Isiah.

I'm assuming that he will start: Marbury, Francis, Jeffries, Frye, and Curry.

SO the answer is left up to Curry. IF Curry half asses like he always does, Isiah will be in NBC's studios by May. If he doesn't, then they have enough depth to play with anybody.

Unfortunately, they don't rebound well because Curry won't make the effort, Frye doesn't, and Jeffries never have..

• Admin

The knicks are the turd sandwich of the NBA. Their is zero chance that they avoid the high lottery this season. They have so many chemistry question marks, they have no leadership, either on the court or on the sidelines and their key inside player is a minimal effort kind of guy.

• Premium Member

Zeke is losing his mind. I think there must be some SPECIFIC disruption between Qrich and somebody that makes moving Qrich for Miles a good thing.

I know that without Rich, NY suffers from nonshootitis.

Plus, Rich has a team Option on his last year whereas Miles does not.

I wouldn't trade for Miles unless there was a specific reason why I shouldn't keep Qrich..

• Premium Member

Quote:

Their is zero chance that they avoid the high lottery this season.

I think they have about as good a chance as anybody to make the playoffs. What you can't deny is that they have the talent. I've seen talent with little chemistry win titles before (see the Lakers shaq-kobe years)... I think the problem is attitudes. Can Curry be convinced to get off of his sorry ass and do something?

I think the major questions that Zeke will have to answer is:

What kind of players are Frye, Robinson, Lee, and Balkman.

One thing I can say about Zeke is that he normally drafts very well. People may boo the Balkman pick but to me, Balkman was a very good unknown. He was a solid guy at Carolina and he may turn out to be a Eddie Jones without the shooting.

I don't think Zeke will be able to rely on Marbury or Francis.. I also don't think he should put all of his hopes into Curry.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I suspect Zeke's team will win more than 36 games.

they could have afforded one when zeke took over. At this point, it's almost impossible to even do one. Who is going to take all those contracts? No one wants them!

Zeke is arguably the worst GM in the history of sports.

Chemistry? nope

Bright future? nope

Decent salary situation? not even close

Good record? nope

the only area in which he has shown any talent whatsoever is drafting, and even there he's no genius, having arguably made the worst pick of the entire draft in 06.

• Admin

there's friendship chemistry and there's talent-mesh chemistry. The Lakers had talent-mesh chemistry, the knicks do not. When you say that you don't think he can rely on Marbury, Francis or Curry, you have resigned them to the high lottery. They need two of those three playing at a high level to have a chance.

they have a lot of talent...on offense. who on that team plays any D? When Jeffries is by far your best defensive starter, then you know you're in trouble.

I mean...if they simply had a 'shooter' who didn't want the ball playing the two~~but with Francis AND Marbury...why he ever thought that there'd be enough ball to go around is beyond me.

There are still huge problems on that team...we'll see how well he can 'coach' it ~ personally, I would have thought he would have looked back on his bad boy days and realized that at least a COUPLE of roll players/defensive intimidators makes the rest of the team better...but hey, what do I know, I've only yet to be fired from a job...

• Premium Member

Quote:

When you say that you don't think he can rely on Marbury, Francis or Curry, you have resigned them to the high lottery. They need two of those three playing at a high level to have a chance.

I disagree with this statement also.

The Knicks showed last year that they can replace Marbury/Francis with little Nate Robinson.

Also, about Chemistry. You are right, there is team meshing chemistry. However, I think you underestimate Jeffries, Jalen Rose, and David Lee. I think all three of these guys are get it done kind of guys. I think they will be what meshes all that talent into a team that can win more than 36. I think Marbury will be the downfall however. HIS attitude is something that will hold the whole team back. I even believe that the Knicks could get good play from Francis and his attitude wouldn't be that big of a problem.. but Marbury... That guy is out of this world with his self love.

I'm glad we didn't get Curry. But I believe that if Curry finally gets off his sorry ass, the league is weak enough for him to do some dominating. The problem is that this guy has always lacked the motivation to dominate.

The Bulls are laughing.

High draft picks? NOPE!

The worst thing Zeke has done is trade those picks. There's always a silver lining to losing as long as you have a lottery pick to show for it. Now, the Bulls are set up to assemble the top team in the East.

How much do you hate that we lost the last 3 years? We got Chill, Smoove, MWill, and Shelden to show for it. Imagine if we had Balkman instead.

I only object to your use of the word "arguably". I would say Zeke is indisputably the worst GM in the history of sports.