• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ownership - could be worse

er9dverk

it has been said on this forum that the hawks are in shabby shape compared to the two other franchises in atl - the braves and the falcons.

but the hawks are actually in better shape than the braves. the hawks are on the rise, and are actually one court decision away from a good ownership situation, with enthusiastic, fan-friendly owners apparently willing to spend money to field a good team, and the patience to bring it about in the right way.

the braves, on the other hand, are owned by a senseless corporation operating on the cheap, content to piss off its star players by shopping them on the sly. that team is in a free fall, and has a long way to go before it hits bottom.

one little nod from the court of appeals in maryland, however, or possibly another assist from the commish, and the hawks look like they are in good hands. maybe in need of a fresh legal team... crazy.gif

i dont agree with you. no need to get in a braves argument here tho. suffice it to mention maddox, glavine, millwood, furcal, jd drew, farnsworth, jaret wright, sheffield. not just andruw. the owner will not spend to keep its good players. not in the last 4 years or so.

that team is crashing and will burn.

no big deal.

you can't argue with the 8th highest payroll in baseball. money doesn't grow on trees. however they do their job by providing the money to field a good ball club.

the Braves traded none of the players you mentioned outside of Millwood.

you insinuate they have tried to trade them by the wording in your post.

im not really clever enough to insinuate stuff. but they did let all those guys go to teams that were willing to pay them.

my point is that i have a lot more confidence in the "remaining" members of the atl spirit, if they can end up with the team, to build a winning franchise in the right way, than i do in the corporation that presently owns the atlanta braves.

Only problem is that the remaining members of the Atlanta Spirit have screwed up at least twice now in terms of how they have negotiated deals with Belkin (i.e., letting him be governor with veto power and then not carefully reviewing the agreement that allowed Belkin to name both appraisers).

So while I agree that they are enthusiastic they do not appear to be the sharpest group of executives out there.

Quote:

Only problem is that the remaining members of the Atlanta Spirit have screwed up at least twice now in terms of how they have negotiated deals with Belkin (i.e., letting him be governor with veto power and then not carefully reviewing the agreement that allowed Belkin to name both appraisers).

So while I agree that they are enthusiastic they do not appear to be the sharpest group of executives out there.

Belkin has made them out to be "mentally challenged" over the past few months. that's why i started the change in ownership thread a few days ago.

quote: while I agree that they are enthusiastic they do not appear to be the sharpest group of executives out there.

lol.

if they somehow can pull out of the legal mess they made, all they will have to do is sign the checks. wont require a lot of careful thought. billy is doing the thinking for them, and seems to be handling things pretty well for the time being.

• Premium Member

Quote:

the Braves have a top 10 payroll in MLB.

if you are speaking of the Andruw situation you are doing it in an uneducated fashion.

your "facts" are off

I agree and when the Hawks win 14 division titles in a row you can talk!!!