• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thought Process and Arrogance!!!

Wurider05

Quote:

I am getting sick and tired of the arrogance of some of you guys on here. I mean some of you crap on our players and praise the garbage on other teams. For instance Zaza put up 12 and 8 last year. Considering his salary that is a steal. He isn't the best defender in the world but you guys are acting as if he can't improve but you are ready to give half the team away for Bynum and the only thing he has everydone was dominate high school kids and dunk on a overweight, broken down, Shaq. We need to start appreciating what we have here. Zaza played hard every night and with AL gone he may very well put up 15+ and 10+ next season. But for some reason that may not be enough for you guys. Teams would love to have ZAZA. But you guys seem to overlook the major flaws that other players have (Dalembert, Magloire, Iverson, Camby, NeNE. Swift, etc. No player is perfect. Same with Marvin and Smooth. You guys get on here and run them down for what they can't do instead of looking at the fact that they are improving. But then turn right around and discuss trades that would get overpaid bums on this team and some of which don't even start for the team that they are currently on or trade for players who are on teams more talented than Atlanta and in the process making that team better and making us a mirror image of the team we trade with (Iverson).

Excellent post, that's how i feel too.

Quote:

Quote:

I am getting sick and tired of the arrogance of some of you guys on here. I mean some of you crap on our players and praise the garbage on other teams. For instance Zaza put up 12 and 8 last year. Considering his salary that is a steal. He isn't the best defender in the world but you guys are acting as if he can't improve but you are ready to give half the team away for Bynum and the only thing he has everydone was dominate high school kids and dunk on a overweight, broken down, Shaq. We need to start appreciating what we have here. Zaza played hard every night and with AL gone he may very well put up 15+ and 10+ next season. But for some reason that may not be enough for you guys. Teams would love to have ZAZA. But you guys seem to overlook the major flaws that other players have (Dalembert, Magloire, Iverson, Camby, NeNE. Swift, etc. No player is perfect. Same with Marvin and Smooth. You guys get on here and run them down for what they can't do instead of looking at the fact that they are improving. But then turn right around and discuss trades that would get overpaid bums on this team and some of which don't even start for the team that they are currently on or trade for players who are on teams more talented than Atlanta and in the process making that team better and making us a mirror image of the team we trade with (Iverson).

Excellent post, that's how i feel too.

I too agree.

Guest Walter

But I can't think of a worse quality center to play MW and JS alongside. ZaZa may be a starting center in this league due to how thin the position is but if we inteed to run a 2, Sf lineup we have to have a guy able to own if not dominate the post. ZaZa is not that type player.

W

ahh...how I love the 'relatively undersized' quote...he's 6'11 (about average for most centers really) and 265...

Zaza is NOT a pogo stick/ block machine...but considering that his 'pf' mate was the infamous 'my arms are too tired to lift them on defense' Al Harrington..do you think that that might have highlighted/exacerbated his apparent lack of defense?

or the fact that he lead the league in o-boards last year...

at 22 and being paid less than the MLE...yeah, draw your own conclusions (and then double check it with the going rate for centers in the league right now ~ and what they've 'accomplished' to 'earn' those contracts).

Quote:

The bottom line to this arguement is that Zaza isn't a very good center (comparatively speaking) but he's cheap.

Isn't the bottom line is that we don't know how good a center he is because he is still developing. Add that to the fact that most of our team is still developing and learning to play defense and it is hard to make an unbiases talent evaluation.

I can only look at Chandler and his prototypical size and undeserving contract to realize that complete centers are rare.

I think Zaza is worth his current contract but may well outplay its value this year and next.

And to Walter's continues rant about the 2 SF lineup and a dominant center; let it go. Basketball is based on matchups and we currently have enough depth to mix and match lineups. We have not seen enough of MW and JS together to fully understand their strengths and limitations. They may in fact cause so many problems on the offensive end that other teams may have to substitute smaller to defend them. Blanket statements are seldom absolute.

Quote:

They may in fact cause so many problems on the offensive end that other teams may have to substitute smaller to defend them. Blanket statements are seldom absolute.

I think that could very well wind up being the case.

That being said the Hawks do need someone on the roster who can guard guys like Howard and JO. Right now they don't have that.

Quote:

Quote:

Zaza played hard every night and with AL gone he may very well put up 15+ and 10+ next season. But for some reason that may not be enough for you guys. Teams would love to have ZAZA. But you guys seem to overlook the major flaws that other players have (Dalembert, Magloire, Iverson, Camby, NeNE. Swift, etc.

You are not going to win with this crowd! They have already made up their minds that players like Chris Wilcox would be a great addition to the team and we should pay him $7-$10 mil a year eventhough he has not shown consistency offense or defense at no point in his career. We also should have paid Chandler $12 mil a year eventhough the boy can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Someone asked the question of will we resign Josh Smith when he becomes a free agent. One of the responses was "we may not be able to afford him!" I just laughed to myself realizing that the same person probably put a hundred post on this message board recommending that we sign some back-up player from another team for the same amount and felt good about it.

I agree, these are the most unusual fans that I have ever been exposed to!

don't put words in my mouth. i never said any of those things about those other players.

Quote:

...That being said the Hawks do need someone on the roster who can guard guys like Howard and JO. Right now they don't have that.

That brings up a good point Ex...if what the Hawks brass says is true, and Shelden is indeed going to be our starting PF, he's going to have quite a "baptism of fire" going up against the likes of JO. It will be interesting to see if he can handle it.

I don't doubt his courage or drive, but it's a pretty big step for a guy used to dominating in college.

Quote:

That brings up a good point Ex...if what the Hawks brass says is true, and Shelden is indeed going to be our starting PF, he's going to have quite a "baptism of fire" going up against the likes of JO.

Shelden will struggle against guys like JO and Sheed because they can shoot over him so easily. All he can really do is force them away from the basket and hope they miss.

well put. any center coming off a 12 and 8 season would be looking for 8 million in free agency, due in large part to how rare decent bigs are. i think zaza is doing a good job, logging more minutes than he should be, and at a great price to boot. that said, since he isn't the complete package, we do need the yin to his yan that's a defensive stopper/enforcer. i really hope that el toro and sheldon really step it up and give us a pleasant surpise this year.