• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford Strikes Again...

KalEl

spirited debate. thank you Lascar.

ok for argument's sake let's work backward using some basic assumptions.

Assumption 1: Billy is asking for a 2007 pick.

The Pacers may be offering a 2008.

Assumption 2: Billy is asking for the pick to have limited protection. I think top 13 is reasonable.

Assumption 3: Billy is still asking for some cash in the deal.

Back to the KB post which brought you and I into this discussion.

Let's assume the worst case scenario for Indy.

Lascar do you think a 2007 first rounder top 13 protected and 1 to 4 million dollars in salary relief is a good deal Indy's way in return for Al Harrington?

Please begin with a "yes" or "no" response.

I think KB is either foolish or his allegiances have distorted his perception of reality when he insinuates that Indy is waiting because we're squeezing the blood out of their turnip.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that an unprotected 2007 first and 3 million cash would be a FANTASTIC deal for Indiana, which is why I think they will cave, and why I think BK is doing the right thing by waiting at this point. Indy isn't going to be so dumb as to miss out on this.

For us, it is a half decent move. Better than taking back overpaid garbage, but I would prefer a vet who can help us.

Quote:

I think that an unprotected 2007 first and 3 million cash would be a FANTASTIC deal for Indiana, which is why I think they will cave, and why I think BK is doing the right thing by waiting at this point. Indy isn't going to be so dumb as to miss out on this.

For us, it is a half decent move. Better than taking back overpaid garbage, but I would prefer a vet who can help us.

you see we agree Lascar. you and I have the same motives here.

KB doesn't. hence i flamed him.

Quote:

Yeah, I wasn't agreeing with KB. I was disagreeing with your contention that we're screwed because we can't deal with anyone but Indy.

LOL oh hell no!

sign me up for

Chris Mihm/McKie/Cook

they are all expiring so you have flexibility

if any of them (especially Mihm due to the thin center position) put up decent #s we'll be in a position to deal again next year in a hopefully more active trade market.

KB was insinuating that we were asking for the moon from Indy and we both know that isn't nearly the case.

• Premium Member

Yep,

BK has no reason to "cave". It's not like we desperately need the pick. That too is our preference. When it's your preference, you get what you want. Period. I think Al has the most to lose and INDY comes in a strong second. I'm not saying that Al is a savior, but without Al, I will say that you can almost count on the pacers not making a serious run to anything. The other point is how pissed off is JO? He really wants to be reunited with Al for no other reason but to secure his job. If Al doesn't go to Indy, I would think that JO going elsewhere won't be far behind.

• Premium Member

I think the whole imminent thing is gotta be hurting them right now.

Seriously, most knowledgable fans know the terms of the deal... and here's what they can ask their front office: (Frank Slade, Feel free to cut and paste this when the deal falls through)...

1. So you guys believe that some draft non-lottery draft pick is going to be better than Al?

2. So you guys were having trouble coming up with 3 million dollars in cash when the Simon Brothers are the richy richest Owners in the NBA behind Allen.

3. So you guys believe that making a playoff run with mediocre talent is better than making a championship run with a 19/7 combo forward?

4. So you guys believe that a frontcourt of Foster, JO, and Granger is that good?

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, I wasn't agreeing with KB. I was disagreeing with your contention that we're screwed because we can't deal with anyone but Indy.

LOL oh hell no!

sign me up for

Chris Mihm/McKie/Cook

they are all expiring so you have flexibility

if any of them (especially Mihm due to the thin center position) put up decent #s we'll be in a position to deal again next year in a hopefully more active trade market.

KB was insinuating that we were asking for the moon from Indy and we both know that isn't nearly the case.

Zaza

Lo

Esteban

We are no longer thin at the center position. With minutes each one of them could do what Mihm can do, so there is no reason to add him.

• Premium Member

I honestly think, it may do Al some good just to sign a 1 year extension with the Hawks! I know he doesn't want to go through this again, but I'm sure at that Salary, BK can find him a good deal in the season.

• Premium Member

Aside from being screwed by Phoenix...

Remember what he did with JT (Utah)?

He held the phone so long that he made Raymond Brother LIE about the amount that JT was going to get and forced JT to sign with Utah only to match and deal JT. I suspect he will do the same thing with Al.

I think when BK gets a deal that he really likes (JJ) he moves a little more quickly.. but BK has proven to be a poker player who will not move quickly.

Remember Damp and Kmart... BK refused to make any sudden pitches with Damp and he refused to raise his offer with Kmart.