KalEl

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

Exactly. If we win 35+ this upcoming year he will be singing praise for the team. It's happened plenty of times before with other teams.

After a 21 win season, GS had a 16 game increase in wins in one season. Followed by 2 more at the near same win total level. Point being? 35 wins is nothing to write home about and meeting that meager level of rebuilding success often means you stay there unless you're built to actually contend for a title. The moves made this offseason SCREAM mediocrity! The next GS? Hmm?

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

It was only the change of the guard to Knight that brought this on.

I'd bet my shirt that Ford's change of heart re: the Hawks has more to do with the fact Babcock was very open about with the press, while Knight prefers to piss off the national media.

You would not only keep your shirt but win an assortment of shirts to choose from.

Quote:

look at it from Ford's perspective.

The Hawks are a mess. nothing he said wasn't true. he's just saying what others are thinking outside of Atlanta.

after listening to the Indy radio station interview a local media type on the Harrington situation yesterday I realized that most people outside of Atlanta really don't know what's going on with the team. why would they? since when did the Hawks become interesting to anyone besides us?

Chad Ford is not the problem. the Hawks will continue to get bad publicity until they start doing positive things, first and foremost being winning basketball games.

I don't hate on Chad Ford. I put the onus on the Hawks organization from the ownership to the management to the coaches on down to the players to show him he's been wrong about them. It's up to them to right the ship.

Chad Ford needs a real job.

Quote:

...Not being restricted to a clock in schedule, or an office? Getting paid to travel to watch your favorite sport, and writing about your opinions? Pissing people off? Sounds like my kind of job. I wish I had it.
grin.gif

Yeah BBP...we can like or dislike Chad, but I'd take his gig is a heartbeat!

• Moderators

Quote:

once again it ain't Chad Ford's fault for reporting what he sees.

I already gave you a clear example of Ford skewing the facts to dump on the Hawks in this article and on him violating his own logic in other articles. There are many more examples. He isn't simply reporting what he sees. If he did, that would be fine. Even with the directed negativity he showers on the Hawks, I don't have a problem with a lot of his criticism of BK.

However, if he was just calling it like he sees it why would he continually write columns defending Darko when he was wasting away doing absolutely nothing in Detroit after Ford trumpeted him as the #1 pick and then fail to mention Marvin's improvement over the course of last season and summerleague MVP after Ford trumped him as the #1 pick? Like MW24 says, Ford ignores the positives with the Hawks (which I have a problem with); focuses on the negatives (which I don't have a problem with him discussing as long as it isn't distorted); skews facts to bash the Hawks (problem for me); and skews logic to bash the Hawks (problem for me).

Ford deserves to be hassled on this forum until he gives more balanced coverage. He is like the opposite of d*ck Vitale with Duke. Vitale and Ford both have some valid points but their desire to promote/attack Duke/the Hawks gets in the way of their objectivity as journalists. That is why Vitale has the reputation of basically blowing Coach K. If more people cared about the Hawks Ford would have a backlash with his reporting. However, there aren't enough of us to make that felt so what does he care?

Yeah. Atlanta is getting raped so badly on this deal that Indiana won't pull the trigger.

If this was such a bad deal for the Atlanta Hawks and such a great deal for Indiana, then why hasn't Indiana signed off on it?

Once again, this is a case of a bunch of fans getting on a message board and acting like they know what's going on behind the scenes when in fact, they don't know a goddamn thing about what's going on behind the scenes.

"Oh! This is such a terrible deal for the Hawks! They are only getting a draft pick and no players! This is clearly a sign that they are being run on the cheap."

Whatever!

For some reason, Indiana hasn't pulled the trigger on this deal. If this was such a steal for them, this deal would have been done. I wouldn't expect most of you to use reasoning to think this situation through, because that takes a higher level of intelligence than many of you have. It wouldn't support the vendetta you have against Billy Knight for not patting you on the ass. It's not too difficult to put two and two together and see that maybe, just maybe, the speculation over this deal is nothing but just that. Speculation.

Quote:

...I wouldn't expect most of you to use reasoning to think this situation through, because that takes a higher level of intelligence than many of you have...

See, more fighting amongst ourselves (and I didn't even post the "getting raped on the deal" quote - only a joke after it).

C'mon BK...bail us out by s-n-t-ing a 19/8 veteran for a chance at an NBDL PG two years down the road...you can do it! (don't forget to get some cash for our cheap @ss owners).

• Premium Member

Quote:

There is no question that Ford's negativity towards the Hawks goes beyond criticizing a struggling franchise. He really seems to have a personal vendetta against BK which shows up whenever he writes about the Hawks.

This is how I feel as well. I have no problem with reasonable criticism, but Ford is anything but rationale.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

rationale.

D@mn MrH. I just finished a post in another thread giving you credit for rarely making errors in your posts and then you post that. You are making me look bad. tongue.gif

grin.gif

See what Chad Ford does to me! (I make no claims to proofreading my own posts on here. Don't have time right now, since I only get Internet access outside the house).

Quote:

Yeah. Atlanta is getting raped so badly on this deal that Indiana won't pull the trigger.

If this was such a bad deal for the Atlanta Hawks and such a great deal for Indiana, then why hasn't Indiana signed off on it?

Once again, this is a case of a bunch of fans getting on a message board and acting like they know what's going on behind the scenes when in fact, they don't know a goddamn thing about what's going on behind the scenes.

"Oh! This is such a terrible deal for the Hawks! They are only getting a draft pick and no players! This is clearly a sign that they are being run on the cheap."

Whatever!

For some reason, Indiana hasn't pulled the trigger on this deal. If this was such a steal for them, this deal would have been done. I wouldn't expect most of you to use reasoning to think this situation through, because that takes a higher level of intelligence than many of you have. It wouldn't support the vendetta you have against Billy Knight for not patting you on the ass. It's not too difficult to put two and two together and see that maybe, just maybe, the speculation over this deal is nothing but just that. Speculation.

so I can talk to you.....

why would the Pacers want to give Billy what he's asking for no matter how small or large the compensation when there are absolutely zero other teams out there that the Hawks can do business with? ZERO! it doesn't hurt them to wait it out for another week to see if Billy will relent on draft pick protection/year one bit.

The Hawks have shot themselves in the foot by making it known they do not want to take back players.

for you to see both sides of this story outside of that little box you call a cranium you would have to use reasoning to think this situation through, but you can't because that takes a higher level of intelligence than you have displayed on this message board!

Quote:

why would the Pacers want to give Billy what he's asking for no matter how small or large the compensation when there are absolutely
zero
other teams out there that the Hawks can do business with?
ZERO!

This is complete BS. We are the ones with Al. We both want this trade to happen. But if it falls through, the outcome for us is that we reopen talks with everyone and at WORST we take a guy like Murphy back which we didn't want to. So we lose capspace, but add a talented 7 footer. The outcome for Indy is that they get absolutely nothing, missed out on getting a borderline star for almost nothing and their fanbase hates them for losing a stud like Al by refusing to throw in a little cash. They have a lot more to lose than us.

Just because we would prefer to not take players back doesn't mean we won't.

Quote:

Quote:

why would the Pacers want to give Billy what he's asking for no matter how small or large the compensation when there are absolutely
zero
other teams out there that the Hawks can do business with?
ZERO!

This is complete BS. We are the ones with Al. We both want this trade to happen. But if it falls through, the outcome for us is that we reopen talks with everyone and at WORST we take a guy like Murphy back which we didn't want to. So we lose capspace, but add a talented 7 footer. The outcome for Indy is that they get absolutely nothing, missed out on getting a borderline star for almost nothing and their fanbase hates them for losing a stud like Al by refusing to throw in a little cash. They have a lot more to lose than us.

Just because we would prefer to not take players back doesn't mean we won't.

Lascar *shaking head*

how many sources have told us that Atlanta does not want to take back contracts?

how many teams can accomodate those wishes?

If you keep bringing up names like Troy Murphy you are going to get flamed up and down this board.

do I want to trade Al to Indy? Hell no. i've made that crystal clear.

do the Hawks want to trade Al to Indy. duh.

It doesn't matter. They don't want to take a big contract. They don't want to trade to Indy without the unprotected pick and full cash. Tons of sources on both points.

For some reason you assume that they are unwilling to give on the first point, and willing to give in on the second point. That is your opinion, not fact.

This is the good thing about having a ballsy, slightly deranged GM. He's not good for the fans. He's not good for public image. He's not good for a lot of things. But he is good for intimidating others, because he's kind of crazy. When he says he might draft yet another SF when we already have 5, you kind of believe him. When he says you better give me that unprotected pick and a full 3 mill in cash or else we'll go elsewhere even if it means taking a big contract, other GMs will believe him.

We're holding the cards here. BK will take a bad contract that he doesn't want before he loses a battle of the wills with another GM. If there's one thing I know about Billy Knight, it's that he is stubborn, for better or for worse. There is a ZERO % chance of him being in a standoff for this long and then just caving. I guarantee he is the most stubborn GM in the entire league, if not in all pro sports. This is the man who wouldn't shake his boss' hand.