• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marion Jones fails test: Surprised?

Plainview1981

I am surprised for this reason. After she was implicated in the BALCO scandal, I figured she would be smart enough not to do anything because she would be under the microscope. It's a shame because her whole legency and accomplishments would be about doping now.

I am not surprised at all. Everyone that I hear on TV and have heard. They have talked about her as if she was guilty of cheating for awhile now since her latest successs.

I can't wait for the Olympics in 08. We get to play the Who is Cheating game. That 08 Olympics is looking more likely when we will reach the climax of cheating in this country. It is going to embarrass this country. It will be to the point where universal testing for all sports will be needed.

• Moderators

This was a matter of time. Everyone around her was dirty from her trainer to her lovers. If staying clean is something you care about you don't surround yourself with people who are dirty.

Here's what athletic "cheating" is in a nutshell:

If you had a chance to date the woman of your dreams for a year . .

but at the end of that year . . not only would you lose the girl, but you would have to give up something that you love ( your car, sports, a bad habit that makes you feel good, etc ) . . would you do it?

All of these athletes that cheat, are basically saying that they're willing to take on the euphoric feeling they'd have in the short term, even if it means being miserable in the long run.

• Moderators

That reminds me of a poll SI did about a decade ago.

They asked:

Quote:

Would you take a drug that made you a champion, knowing that it would kill you in five years?

The response:

Quote:

In a 1995 poll of mostly Olympic-caliber U.S. athletes, more than 50 percent said they would.