• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Little League WS-Next Shaq?

DJlaysitup

I always watch some of the LLWS since my boy used to play LL. I saw something amazing yesterday.

Usually there is a kid who grows early and is 5'7" or 6'0" at 12 years old. One team yesterday had a 1st baseman that is 6'8" and wears size 19 shoes as a 12 (or possibly just turned 13) year old. They said his favorite/best sport is really basketball. They said Shaq was 6'6" at his age (and this kid's no string bean. Wish I could remember which team he plays for (it was an international team).

Columbus, GA looks real good - got a pitcher that can thow 80mph. They should have a good chance of winning it all.

Quote:

...How the hell did he just all of a sudden show up on the radar though?

Well if I wanted to go somewhere to be out of the limelight, Saudi Arabia would be a pretty good choice I suppose. He's certainly in the limelight now though :-)

It'll be interesting to see if he grows more. from what little of I saw of him on espn he looks just as coordinated as other big athletic kids, and the commentator said his favorite baseball player was Big Poppy - but his best sport is basketball and favorite player is Shaq.

Can you imagine how he must dominate the 12-14 (or so) basketball league in Saudi Arabia LOL.

(realistically I'm sure he's playing against older boys)

• Premium Member

I hope they really did verify this kid's birth certificate. I heard on PTI that they did but there were no details given about it. I can't believe this kid is 12, 13 and is that size.

And go Columbus, Ga! That is where I live so I gotta root for the hometown team.

Quote:

...And go Columbus, Ga! That is where I live so I gotta root for the hometown team.

Yeah, I'm pulling for them - even though Northern (Columbus) knocked us (East Marietta) out of the state championship when my boy was 10 and then knocked us out of it again when he was 12. Columbus has a h#lluva program and excellent coaching.

- a pitcher who can hit 80 with a fastball and then throw a 60 mph curve doesn't hurt either :-)

Its my guess, that maybe he has some sort of rapid aging disease, but not quite as quick as Progeria which is 8 times the normal aging rate, where they look like old people at 15 and then die. Maybe he has an aging rate of less than half that. Would make sense, his condition is probably more rare than Progeria, which is known to have only 30-40 cases worldwide.

Little League World Championship will be played at 5p.m.

The Little League World Championship Game between the Northern (Columbus, Ga) Little League All-Stars and Japan will be played at 5 p.m. today. The game was originally scheduled to begin at 8 p.m.

The game will be televised on ESPN2. It will be replayed at 8 p.m. on ESPN2.