• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ahhh who would have guessed

GoDawgs21

Everyone going off on this trade. The haters coming out of the wood work. I seem to remember this same thing happening 3 years ago. We had a vetern player that everyone wanted to trade for this guy and that guy. All we did was trade him for a 1st rd draft pick and an expiring contract. Everyone jumped all over Billy Knight.

But next years draft is loaded and we needed to get back in it. For everyone that wanted to draft Marcus Williams this draft or anyone else in the 14-25 pick area. Wait until next April when all the hype is out about this years draft and everyone will be clamoring about potential, and happy we have a pick.

Most people whinned about Al taking up playing time for the young guys. So why get back an older less effective version in Joe Smith. Lets let our young guns go out and get time and play. For all those that will say well we could have got Smith and a pick, do you know that? or is that more creativity?

Oh side note how did that vetern in Walker for a pick turn out..................

oh yeh we got the face of our franchis for the next 8-10 years in Josh Smith.

• Premium Member

Trading talent for PICKS is a good thing when your team sucks and you're in rebuilding mode?

But Dawg.. How long do you plan on being in rebuilding mode?

I want to see will you be applauding when we trade Chillz for a protected first... and call it "a good trade, the best that BK could do."

Quote:

Everyone going off on this trade. The haters coming out of the wood work. I seem to remember this same thing happening 3 years ago. We had a vetern player that everyone wanted to trade for this guy and that guy. All we did was trade him for a 1st rd draft pick and an expiring contract. Everyone jumped all over Billy Knight.

But next years draft is loaded and we needed to get back in it. For everyone that wanted to draft Marcus Williams this draft or anyone else in the 14-25 pick area. Wait until next April when all the hype is out about this years draft and everyone will be clamoring about potential, and happy we have a pick.

Most people whinned about Al taking up playing time for the young guys. So why get back an older less effective version in Joe Smith. Lets let our young guns go out and get time and play. For all those that will say well we could have got Smith and a pick, do you know that? or is that more creativity?

Oh side note how did that vetern in Walker for a pick turn out..................

oh yeh we got the face of our franchis for the next 8-10 years in Josh Smith.

who is quote "coming out of the wood work?"

We've been here. where have you been? you can archive my feelings on this deal going back over a month. if you disagree with our take then so be it. get it straight though, we've been here all along and our stance has not changed.

All along they knew something that no one else in the league seemed to understand -- no one was going to come close to giving the Hawks or Harrington a better deal.

So for all those dreams of Bynum or any other trade. Even Chad Ford who wrote this in his last article, and loathes the Hawks, we got what we could for an UFA. I dont see the malfunction here. GSUTEKE this isn't NBA Live where you can fleece the comp. into trading Shaq and Dwade for Salim and 8 futrue picks. you have to have trade partners. Don't you think if given the chance Ford would love to rag BK for passing on this guy or that guy. Notice he didnt. He jumps at any chance to nail BK. He didnt even mention we took a worse deal. So clearly this was the most realistic deal. What if the Sekeo article and Breakfast with Bernie was tatics to try and push Indiana to sweeten the pot. There may have been no other deals at all.

Quote:

All along they knew something that no one else in the league seemed to understand -- no one was going to come close to giving the Hawks or Harrington a better deal.

So for all those dreams of Bynum or any other trade. Even Chad Ford who wrote this in his last article, and loathes the Hawks, we got what we could for an UFA. I dont see the malfunction here. GSUTEKE this isn't NBA Live where you can fleece the comp. into trading Shaq and Dwade for Salim and 8 futrue picks. you have to have trade partners. Don't you think if given the chance Ford would love to rag BK for passing on this guy or that guy. Notice he didnt. He jumps at any chance to nail BK. He didnt even mention we took a worse deal. So clearly this was the most realistic deal. What if the Sekeo article and Breakfast with Bernie was tatics to try and push Indiana to sweeten the pot. There may have been no other deals at all.

i'll be 30 yrs old in December. i don't play video games. if you are my age and you do that's a conversation for you and your therapist.

if Billy was indeed offered Mihm he dropped the ball.