• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

List all of the Trade Offers the Hawks recieve

WraithSentinel

Since some of you are saying the Hawks had better trade offers. Well list the offers. I want to make sure I am not missing anything here. We will go ahead and discard a few of them right away.

-Nene and 2 1st round picks-Denver deny this trade rumor and backed it up by re-signing Nene for $60 Million over 6 years.

-Troy and Pietrus-A paper in Cali said the Warriors offer Troy and not Pietrus. If they had offer Pietrus. Hawks would have made the trade. Whether Belkin approved it or not is unknown. Want proof go ask Warriors fans at Realgm.com. That is where I saw a link to the story.

-Mihm/Bynum,Mckie,Cook,1st-No source to back this one up. Provide one if you have it. It was mainly a writer/fan trade scenario.

-Malik Allen,Michael Sweetney,another Big Wimp-BK said this was the best offer he got at the trading deadline. That is why he chose to hold onto Al. Source BK himself on the radio way back at the trading deadline.

-Pietrus,1st, Joe Smith-Trade scenario madeup by a fan.

-----------------------------------------------

Ok, so what other great trade were we offer? Since some of you think Al was in such a great demand. Where were all of these other great trades?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Thank god we didn't do this deal. Watson is probably a worse fit than Speedy and costs almost as much. Nene wouldn't be resigned duo to ridiculous contract offers for a player that has NEVER done anything.

Watson is a much better shooter, (40% from 3 compared to 27% from Speedy). he is bigger, stronger and has always been known as a tough defender.

Nene has proved to be one of the best defensive centers on the market, something the Hawks desparately need.

If Nene was on the Hawks right now and unsigned, who would make him a ridiculous offer?

Guest Walter

Ex, I don't get how anyone can defend this deal or the lack of one in February.

A deal in Feb. would have gotten us more talent in NENE/Watson or Artest, that talent could have helped us now, it would have opened up opportunities for MW, JS, and Childress to judge their talent and potentially improve their value, would have allowed us to consider further offseason moves, wouldn't have so helped a division rival who otherwise would be equal to us, and would have prevented us from both looking foolish all summer and now playing the fool.

Absolutely nothing good came from the failure to trade Harrington at the deadline. Why would anyone choose to defend it?

W

Quote:

Absolutely nothing good came from the failure to trade Harrington at the deadline. Why would anyone choose to defend it?

The thing that is really amazing to me is that people are trying to say that the Nene/Watson deal and the Artest deal were just rumors and not legit offers. Talk about revisionist history.

Their logic is that if the deal didn't actually happen then it was just an internet rumor.

Just because I am a fan of the team doesn't mean I am not going to criticize a mistake. This team has been a national laughingstock for years. The Shelden pick and the Al deal just gave the critics more ammo, as if they needed it.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Just because I am a fan of the team doesn't mean I am not going to criticize a mistake. This team has been a national laughingstock for years. The Shelden pick and the Al deal just gave the critics more ammo, as if they needed it.

There was a time I believed in BK if only because he saw how important it was to actually gut and rebuild this team. I thought the Diaw drafting was great conisidering our draft position. I understood trading JT. I accepted getting rid of Nazr, Dickau and others that we didn't need to trade but didn't need to keep either. I was confused with the failure to attempt to resign Pryz. I was upset with the drafting of Childress over Deng and Iggy but got over it. The Woodson hire was uninspired. But it wasn't until the MW drafting that I saw a GM so out of touch with the concept of team building and as it turns out talent scouting, whatever his philosophy, that I lost faith, but not hope, in BK's ability to somehow build a team capable of title contention.

The drafting of SW - a dire loss of talent for supposed "need" in a 6'71/2" Pf with short arms who sits either JS or MW - and the mediocre to much worse moves this offseason made me lose hope. I don't know what GM can salvage this situation, but I'm willing to let somebody else try. A GM with a 26 win team, #5 pick, almost two max contracts worth of cap space, Al to trade and redundant prospects must be held to a standard above the one BK is being held to. I'm willing to let this team play out it's season. I'd LOVE to have it quiet me as a critic to its design. I just don't have hope that this team will contend for a playoff spot this year and especially a title any time soon remotely as constructed.

My point, for too many people here, criticism of BK is seen as criticism of the Hawks team or franchise. I believe it is increasing becoming necessary to support the Hawks realistically by holding BK accountable consistently. The (outside) media, thought of here as out of touch with the state of Hawks' affairs, seems to understand our predicament better than many fans here. Bradley was right on the money with his recent article. Our desire to support the team and remain optimistic is well intentioned, but when it excuses BK's performance given all the capitol he has had to work with...it is we who are fooling ourselves and "out of touch".

I realize many, including perhaps even you exodus won't agree with the (extent of) my position, but people manage to defend a deal that hurts us (by significantly improving a rival) more than it helped us. Not one good thing came from this deal worth 1/10th what we went through and couldn't do because of it. And that is excused? This being just one more mistake in a line of BIG nes...I don't, can't, & won't get it.

W

Quote:

I realize many, including perhaps even you exodus won't agree with the (extent of) my position

My problem with you is that you seem to think Marvin picked himself number 2.

I don't like the Shelden pick but that won't influence me as far as judging him as a player. In fact I started a thread on the draft board

Shelden

chronicaling some of his strong games. This was back in Feb when Diesel and KB were hating on him big time.

My main concern was his lack of standing reach at the combine, which i find somewhat strange since his wingspan is the same as Okafor. Are Sheldens shoulders really that much wider than Okafor? somehow i doubt it.

I think Shelden will do well I just don't think he was the right pick. But i won't be hating on him just because i disagree with the pick, which is what you have done with Marvin.

Good post. A calm statement of how many of us feel. My only disagreement is that I rather liked the Marvin pick. (At the time, I wasn't convinced Smoove had the skills and attitude needed, but he proved me wrong.) But your overall conclusion is right on. I kept looking for the silver lining in everything and supported BK but he really disappointed me this year - from Al, to SW, to Anderson, etc. Partially for what he did, but just as much for what he didn't do. (Contrast how long it takes BK to get any trade done with what happened with Portland on draft night. I'm not sure I want him to be THAT trigger happy, but BK is sooo s l o w.)

Now, Exodus is right in that these players didn't pick themselves so if we don't like the SW pick or the Marvin pick, we shouldn't hate on them - we should focus on who picked them. As much as I hated the SW pick, it wasn't his fault - so I'll try to lay off him.

On the positive side, we have some young players with a lot of talent in Smoove, Marvin, and Chill. It will be fun to watch them develop even if we don't have our dream team.

Quote:

Quote:

What is the source on this one?

Here's one;

click

it was all over the place for weeks.

Nothing, I say NOTHING in this supposed "Chris Sheridan" statement have Nene's name in it. Only Watson and Harrington.

Unless the Nuggets or Hawks say it was purposed, it was rumored.

Stop deceiving people.

Are you really that clueless? Did you even read the thread?

Watson was just considered a throw in to make the salaries work since Nene made only 3 million.

Are you really dumb enough to believe the offer was for Watson straight up? The salaries don't even match.

The reason he didn't mention Nene is that his inclusion was a given since it had been discussed so many times.

than the Sheridan comments.

Trade rumors circulate furiously

The NBA rumor mill shows no signs of slowing down now that the league's trade season is in full swing. The latest has the Hawks and Nuggets talking about a possible deal that would send Harrington to Denver for point guard Earl Watson and injured power forward Nene.

There's also a scenario where the teams would be involved in a three-team deal that would send Harrington back to Indiana and volatile Pacers forward Ron Artest to Denver.

click

Obviously this is the deal Sheridan was talking about. Or i should say obvious to anyone who isn't in denial.

Quote:

Watson was just considered a throw in to make the salaries work since Nene made only 3 million.

Are you really dumb enough to believe the offer was for Watson straight up? The salaries don't even match.

The reason he didn't mention Nene is that his inclusion was a given since it had been discussed so many times.

No I'm not clueless, but your source needs to be full and accurate.

Again, it was RUMORED. That means NOT FACTUAL. Can You understand?

Or are you bent on deceiving?

Quote:

Quote:

No I'm not clueless, but your source needs to be full and accurate.

Again, it was RUMORED. That means NOT FACTUAL. Can You understand?

Or are you bent on deceiving?

Even if (Big IF) the trade was introduced, why would a Sane GM trade a healthy contributing player for an (Still!!) injured player. A player which is soon to be a Free Agent and may never be as good as some think he MIGHT BE. Let me remind, Nene has not even started in this league.

Quote:

Again, it was RUMORED. That means NOT FACTUAL

You could make that argument about ANY deal that doesnt actually happen. The only 100% factual deals at the ones that take place.

He wanted a source and i gave him a national source. Sheridan was clearly talking about the three way between Indy-Atl-Den.

However he didn't specifically mention Indy or Artest so a genius like yourself could say they weren't really part of the deal since he didn't mention them.

After Sheridan's comments were posted did you even read the rest of the post? No. Did you read the first reply to his post? No. If you did you would clearly see that Nene was part of the deal. if you can't see it than you are either reading impaired or just a BK apologist.

Quote:

Even if (Big IF) the trade was introduced, why would a Sane GM trade a healthy contributing player for an (Still!!) injured player. A player which is soon to be a Free Agent and may never be as good as some think he MIGHT BE. Let me remind, Nene has not even started in this league.

Nice redirect, but also worthless.

If you want to try to argue a mid-1st is worth more than Nene then go ahead but I won't even bother to respond.

Quote:

Quote:

Again, it was RUMORED. That means NOT FACTUAL

You could make that argument about ANY deal that doesnt actually happen. The only 100% factual deals at the ones that take place.

He wanted a source and i gave him a national source. Sheridan was clearly talking about the three way between Indy-Atl-Den.

However he didn't specifically mention Indy or Artest so a genius like yourself could say they weren't really part of the deal since he didn't mention them.

After Sheridan's comments were posted did you even read the rest of the post? No. Did you read the first reply to his post? No. If you did you would clearly see that Nene was part of the deal. if you can't see it than you are either reading impaired or just a BK apologist.

Not true.

A trade proposal is a statement of consideration. The article clearly by the author says "rumor has it". The author says it is Rumor and you have run with it as the gospel.

I dear ask, Are you so, so Dumb?