• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Key and X factor

Swatguy

is Speedy.

For the Hawks to be successful is the play of Speedy. All talk of what positions for what players in what roles pales in comparison to, what Speedy brings.

We will not know until we know. Deep yeah but real. The best cover in sight is a Cedric Bozeman. That (who will be in camp) is the next best point not named Tyronn in the Hawks organization.

So Speedy is the key, and the battle between Bozeman and Ivey is tops for camp.

A ankle turn by Speedy....means Boze is a starter.

Whatayathink

We've heard it over and over, Hawks DESPERATELY need a

true point guard.

I agree. We now have that TRUE point guard. Just one.

For the Hawks to be really successful, he must stay

healthy.

Maybe he's not the answer. Maybe he's not as good as

almost every fan here believes that he is. There are

those who say he is nothing but a back-up P.G. These

fans admit, at that, he is the best we've had in a while.

In Atlanta, the pressure won't be behind him, someone

pushing him for his position as starter. It will be

in front of him. Here is your young team for you to

lead as their P.G. Now, do it. They're depending on

you. That's the same pressure J.J. faced last season

and now there are two under this pressure.. Leadership.

Hawks fans are in a "Wait and see" mode for the entire

team. We hope and expect all the returning Hawks to be

a little better this season. We expect all the new

additions to be a help.

Last season we had so many games lost that were so close,

in fact nearly all of our losses. Sure, we were blown

away a few times. This happens. If everyone improves

just a little and the new guys help, many of those losses

will turn into wins.

cool.gif

Quote:

The best cover in sight is a Cedric Bozeman. That (who will be in camp) is the next best point not named Tyronn in the Hawks organization.

Whatayathink

bozoman a starter? i don't think he should even make the team. grundy is much better imo. IF speedy gets hurt lue or ivey would likely start.

Quote:

Salim would start before BOzeman would (if Bozeman makes the team.

That may be true. I am not disrespecting Salim or Tyronn for that fact. My thoughts are how important Speedy is, in return how important that spot is. It is the braintrust to determine if we have enough now. BK said we have two more spots which will be filled between now and the coure of training camp. Bozeman is invited and accepted so he is a consideration. Perhaps an other(s) will appear as a guard for one of the two remaining spots. Surely the other spot will be a big.

• 3 weeks later...

Shall we revisit this thread again. As we move towards training camp Bozeman's game will be under a microscope. With Speedy NOW Down my assertion earlier is now on focus. I see Bozeman, Grundy and Ivey will compete for a position. Ivey may have the pre-camp edge but Bozeman at 6'5" and a better shooter is intriguing.

So the Key and X Factor question is to realize sooner than later.

• 1 month later...

Quote:

Shall we revisit this thread again. As we move towards training camp Bozeman's game will be under a microscope. With Speedy NOW Down my assertion earlier is now on focus. I see Bozeman, Grundy and Ivey will compete for a position. Ivey may have the pre-camp edge but Bozeman at 6'5" and a better shooter is intriguing.

So the Key and X Factor question is to realize sooner than later.

I believe the Speedy/Bozeman Factor may be realized. Lue is a constant most knew he was gonna bring it from the bench and in clutch. Speedy's health and Bozeman's ascend was the X factor.

You guys dissing Bozeman . . . have you even watched ANY of the 4 games so far? If you have, you're telling me that you don't see that the kid knows how to play ball?

Defensively, he's head and shoulders above Ivey and Salim. So right now, we don't need much offense from him, if he's going to come in, and play 10 solid minutes of defense.

By the way . . including preseason . . the Hawks are 8 - 4.

The real X-factor is the PG position. If we can get production like we got vs Cleveland we will be hard to beat. Speedy has to keep playing D and dishing out the ball, Lue needs to keep scoring and dishing as well.

Another key will be Shelden and Smoove's progression on offense. The better those two get at producing points, the more wins we get.

Quote:

is Speedy.

For the Hawks to be successful is the play of Speedy. All talk of what positions for what players in what roles pales in comparison to, what Speedy brings.

We will not know until we know. Deep yeah but real. The best cover in sight is a Cedric Bozeman. That (who will be in camp) is the next best point not named Tyronn in the Hawks organization.

Whatayathink

A-HEM smirk.gif