• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clippers to sign "Baby Shaq"

Blunt91

Sofoklis Schortsanitis was a second round pick by the Los Angeles Clippers in the 2003 draft and after his performance in the 2006 FIBA World Championships, his presence in the NBA would certainly be welcomed.

According to sources, the buyout on Schortsanitis' contract with the Greek club is only $500,000.

The Clippers would have to pay that amount, and then come to terms with the Kavala native, to bring Schortsanitis to L.A.

Why can't the Hawks ever luck up with a good prospect? I would rather have this guy on my team than Batista. Our overseas draft pick(David Anderson)won't ever play for the Hawks because he makes too much money on his current team he is with in Russia.

Has Coach K ever emphasized an inside game with Duke?

I think we lost because we didn't go inside once Greece started making their run, and I don't think it is because we didn't have someone on the team that could score inside. Is Brand not a post threat? Why didn't Brad Miller play more? I would have thought his game would have translated well to the international game.

I don't think Coach K emphasized the low post enough in the offense or his defense. I don't remember too many plays run for anyone in the post. I think this is the reason Team USA made Schors@#%&4? look like an All Star.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Agree OG...Howard's stats in the game against Greece were ridiculous - 4 for 6 from the field and 7 rebounds in only 13 minutes total. Whaa? How can you sit a guy who is having that kind of impact?

Because his defense was sub-par.

Sub-par is a step up from most of what we saw from Team USA trying to defend Greece.

Quote:

I agree. I just don't agree that the loss falls only on the shoulders of the players. Coach K had more tools than he knew how to use. I agree with Wade: Why didn't he even try a zone?

Exactly. That was poor coachign decision making, which as I stated in the other posts caused us the gold. A 3-2 defense would have ran Greece out of the building and put Shor%$*^%#tis (

Remember the Hawks losing so many games just like the last year, and it was mainly because of Woody's poor decisions. Players should never look that lost for that length of time in a playoff-type game.

• Moderators

Quote:

Coach K is quite possibly the best coach in the history of basketball.

Not even close, IMO.

He is a great coach at the college level because he is the best recruiter in the nation and does a good job on the court. However, he isn't the best bench coach in the world and would not compare nearly as well, IMO, if he was in the pros where the majority of his team's success wouldn't depend on recruiting. He made some bad calls in the worlds but will learn from them because he is a bright and driven coach.

Wooden and Auerbach have to be at the top for me, though.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Coach K is quite possibly the best coach in the history of basketball.

Not even close, IMO.

He is a great coach at the college level because he is the best recruiter in the nation and does a good job on the court. However, he isn't the best bench coach in the world and would not compare nearly as well, IMO, if he was in the pros where the majority of his team's success wouldn't depend on recruiting. He made some bad calls in the worlds but will learn from them because he is a bright and driven coach.

Wooden and Auerbach have to be at the top for me, though.

Incidently, even his former pupil Brand was critical of Coach K's performance after the Worlds.