• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sony = Racist?

Wretch

• Admin

saw it a few months ago and thought it was an odd ad until you see any of the many other variations on it, many of which have the roles reversed in one way or another. It's just marketing and not worhty of comments such as "insensitive" or "inappropriate".

what I find more shocking is that blu-ray and the PSP aren't selling for crap and the PS3 is only going to have 500k units (and likely buggy ones at that) available at launch. Actually I don't even find those shocking, I take joy in them.

That is a bizare add campaign. I just don't get it, but there are a lot of adds out right now that just don't make any sense.

The next gen of game players don't seem to be worth going after right now. The 360 overheats and the games don't seem to be up to its power. A buggy PS3 isn't worth buying, esp at the projected price of around $600 (had that changed?).

Quote:

That is a bizare add campaign. I just don't get it, but there are a lot of adds out right now that just don't make any sense.

The next gen of game players don't seem to be worth going after right now. The 360 overheats and the games don't seem to be up to its power. A buggy PS3 isn't worth buying, esp at the projected price of around $600 (had that changed?).

I've already brought up why I hate Sony. Why would I buy a PS3 when I have an Xbox 360 that has run great? I've had it since December the 22nd and have had NO problems. I'm sure it will tear up in the next year or so simply because systems nowdays just aren't dependable long term.

Quote:

saw it a few months ago and thought it was an odd ad until you see any of the many other variations on it, many of which have the roles reversed in one way or another. It's just marketing and not worhty of comments such as "insensitive" or "inappropriate".

i agree the variations do seem to make it a little less nazi-esque, but really--as much money, research, and feedback advertising firms throw out on this stuff, there is no way they could've been ignorant to such a reaction to this campaign, particularly if that is the main image they were spreading around, without giving the others equal play. i think that if they had replaced the dark woman with a man, then nothing like this would've come up. it would've been viewed more as some kind of big sexual tension as opposed to a battle between two equals (women) whose only noticable difference is their skin tones. i guess that isn't what they were going for, though, and they're the idiots who have to stand behind their divisive propaganda.

Quote:

what I find more shocking is that blu-ray and the PSP aren't selling for crap and the PS3 is only going to have 500k units (and likely buggy ones at that) available at launch. Actually I don't even find those shocking, I take joy in them.

I think it will take a while before blu-ray gets mass produced enough to the point that it drives the prices down for both hardware and software. Until then it's gonna be a niche market but I personally can't wait until it mainstreams to the point that I can readily afford it.

As for the PSP, I think people STILL underestimate what it can really do. I had a buddy of mine pick one up and he had it hacked up within days. When you look at the non-advertised abilities of the PSP it's hands down more superior than the DS, for example. Thing is, Sony just started making mention of what the PSP is truly capable of (wireless browsing, for example) whereas Nintendo has been applauding the DS for it's unique gameplay, which I can appreciate also.