• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reality CHeck!!

Wurider05

For once and for all why can't you guys just remember these four things and shut the hell up forever.

1. We drafted Marvin Williams not Chris Paul.

2. If we would have gotten the first pick we would have drafted Bogut. Marvin was a lock to go 1 or 2 in the draft.

3. From what was being said at the time we were going to draft Deron Williams over CP anyway.

4. If we would have drafted CP, who's to say that we were going to get JJ.

So now could we please just move on. SOme of you guys act as if whining would transport us back in time so we could do the draft over. Yeah CP had a good season and is a good player but don't act as if he is perfect. He got exposed on defense and that was why we would have taken Deron Williams over him. It has been a year and some of you guys just need to accept. I know that it is hard but we need to show alittle more support for our team.

And this applies to the Shelden whiners as well. I was in that category=key word is was.

Quote:

For once and for all why can't you guys just remember these four things and shut the hell up forever.

2. If we would have gotten the first pick we would have drafted Bogut. Marvin was a lock to go 1 or 2 in the draft.

3. From what was being said at the time we were going to draft Deron Williams over CP anyway.

So now could we please just move on. SOme of you guys act as if whining would transport us back in time so we could do the draft over. Yeah CP had a good season and is a good player but don't act as if he is perfect. He got exposed on defense and that was why we would have taken Deron Williams over him. It has been a year and some of you guys just need to accept. I know that it is hard but we need to show alittle more support for our team.

Both of you are right. I was always a Marvin fan and was getting sooooo tired of the "Marvin trades of the day". But I was NOT happy with the SW draft, but that doesn't mean that we should slam SW every day for the next year either. They are both Hawks now and lets give them a few months before we start on them again.

(of course if we do that, there'd be nothing to read on Hawksquawk - no arguments, no insults - sounds kind of boring.)

Quote:

100% correct

Even if nobody here ever criticizes Marvin he is still going to have the shadow of CP3 over him until he silences everyone with his play. There is no way around that.

I think he has the ability to do that (and my opinion is that he will) but the onus is on him regardless of whether people here criticize him or not.

Just think of what it must have been like for him dealing with the CP3 stuff last year. I just hope he is able to handle the criticism the way Smoove has.

Ahem...Michael Jordan was "never going to be" a Trailblazer to begin with, either. Portland had a pretty good shooting guard named Clyde Drexler, so they drafted for need. Sam Bowie had the shadow of MJ over him nonetheless, simply because he was drafted higher. Sam Bowie will always be remembered as "the player taken ahead of MJ".

On the other hand, nobody talks about Olajuwon being drafted ahead of Jordan because he became a great player himself, even if he wasn't quite as good. If Marvin becomes an All-Star, he'll be remembered as a great player, not "the player taken ahead of Chris Paul".

Quote:

On the other hand, nobody talks about Olajuwon being drafted ahead of Jordan because he became a great player himself, even if he wasn't quite as good. If Marvin becomes an All-Star, he'll be remembered as a great player, not "the player taken ahead of Chris Paul".

It's up to MW and in part this franchise. You don't ask for it as a player but you had better accept when you get drafted high, expectations come with it.

We need to put the majority of our young talent in a position to best develop and the team succeed. I don't think we've done that.

W

Quote:

Thank you. I agree with this 100%.