for the bench this coming season.

A player that didn't get an extra lot of playing time

last season, even tho he started a lot of games, gaining

valueable experience:

ROYAL IVEY - G.

Still expected to see limited minutes IF Hawks stay

healthy, but could be like the V.P. - Just a heartbeat

away from being a starter.

Plays some pretty good defense. Pretty good ball handler.

Pretty good shooter.

Problem is, he just isn't great at any of these things.

He can, and probably will, get better at all three.

Still a young player. Like almost all of our players,

the experience of a year or two should be good for him.

So far, your replies have been insightful as we work

thru our bench on our way to the starting five. We

still have a ways to go.

Thanks, everyone for your help with this project.

cool.gif

I like his size and willingness to play defense, but his offense is not so good. His passing seems average to just below average. Doesn't really push the ball either. As a third stringer he's about what we can expect. I would prefer that he didn't start.

he will continue his development with far less minutes than last year. That will be a good signal for the Hawks, because he is not s starter in this league. He will be a third string PG behind Speedy and Ty Lue, switching time with Salim depending if we need an offensive or defensive substitution.

If not, the guy is valuable to the group because he tells jokes and can do the barbecue very well, and he is also very good at playing PSII

• Moderators

I think Ivey is better than Grundy. Ivey is quicker than he's given credit for and he's tough. Last year he seemed more tentative than his rookie year. I don't expect he'll get much playing time but as Gray notes with an injury he could see a lot of minutes.

He knows the system and plays good D. That works for me as a 3rd PG.

Quote:

I think Grundy is the better defender. He picked people's pockets all day in the Summer leagues.

His offense is definitely superior to Ivey's. He did well in the developmental league leading his team with 19+ pts a game. When allowed to play his game he's got a blend of mid-range, slashing and a little perimeter to get inside. A good insurance policy for Speedy and Lue. We would miss their scoring.

nthony Grundy ****12 .643 4.3 1.4 .8 .50 .643 .339 .58 .75

****Royal Ivey 62 .701 3.5 1.4 1.7 .43 .40 13.0 .33 .94

2004-2005

****2005-2006 73 .727 3.6 1.3 1.0 .44 .40 13.4 .33 .32

Quote:

Quote:

I think Grundy is the better defender. He picked people's pockets all day in the Summer leagues.

[/indent]

His offense is definitely superior to Ivey's. He did well in the developmental league leading his team with 19+ pts a game. When allowed to play his game he's got a blend of mid-range, slashing and a little perimeter to get inside. A good insurance policy for Speedy and Lue. We would miss their scoring.

Correction -- Couldn't line that up properly

I don't know what happened to Ivey last season. In his rookie season Ivey was knocking down the open shot and playing good defense.He took the starting PG spot from Kenny Anderson. Remember he helped get our first win of the season back in 2004. Poking the ball away from Charlie Ward so the Hawks could hold onto the league against the Rockets. I don't expect alot out of him but if he can get back to playing the way he did his rookie year and do it consistently he will be valuable to this team.