• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Worried about the FALCONS

cyman3

ok, we're 3-1. but theres some things we need to work on

1) I fear that if we trail, we wont catch up. our running game is great, but we gotta learn to win games by passing if necessary (ex- time is against us). running the ball closes out games but when your trailing, you have to throw the ball.

2) scoring in the redzone. we suck at it. 7 points is better than 3. against great teams, we have to get those 7. 3 wont cut it.

hopefully the BYE WEEK addresses all our weaknesses.

our last weakness (special teams) was fixed! smile.gif

You're right on. Those red zone problems might come back to bite us big time against better opponents.

We definitely need to get Jerious Norwood more touches. He is a game changer and I have not heard an explanation on why he only had 1 carry in the New Orleans game when we needed something like that. Its obvious when they interview anyone on the team that they get immediately excited about what he can do. We need to channel into what he brings.

We also need to get the passing game going. That will fix a lot of the red zone issues.

Vick has to be more patient in the pocket and get the damn ball out of his hands.

The receivers have to catch it as well. They also seem to have a problem getting seperation.

I was willing to give Knapp the season to get the offense working, but at this point he really seems like the wrong guy to have with Vick.

norwood do need more touches; i dont understand why vick passing has not improved since coming in the league. we will not go any where in post season if we cant pass the ball. i think norwood has a problem holding on to the ball at times and maybe coach mora is a little worried he will fumble

Quote:

You're right on. Those red zone problems might come back to bite us big time against better opponents.

We definitely need to get Jerious Norwood more touches. He is a game changer and I have not heard an explanation on why he only had 1 carry in the New Orleans game when we needed something like that. Its obvious when they interview anyone on the team that they get immediately excited about what he can do. We need to channel into what he brings.

The thing that we do miss about having traded Duckett is the way he would just level some folks and batter his way in the red zone to the end zone. The Falcons have a WIN NOW mentality and these things need to be addressed next game rather than evolving over the season. I remember the old Chicago Bears made up their minds to just hand the ball over to their biggest lineman "The Refrigerator" and just bust their way into the endzone and laughed their way to some scoring. "Perish the thought" the thought of Grady Jackson carrying the ball. Most of the red zone would be his jersey. grin.giflol

Quote:

i dont understand why vick passing has not improved since coming in the league. we will not go any where in post season if we cant pass the ball.

He has to be more consistent. He looked lost in the New Orleans game and I've seen that same look occassionally in every season that he has been in the league. I'm sure he is tough on himself but he needs to always inspire and motivate his teammates and not have that mentally beat look especially early in the game after he makes a bad play.

The fridge only carried the ball 8 times in his career. Five of those were in 1985 when he scored his only 2 TD's. He logged 7 yards. It's a nice idea to think of Grady pounding it in, but we have to actually get to the 1 or 2 yard line. Vick tends to sputter out at the 15 or 20. He usually gets sacked and throws a couple of incomplete passes. The problem is not Dunn, folks; it's Vick.

• Premium Member

I think I stated this 2 weeks ago.

We lack a championship passing game because Vick doesn't know how to find anybody else but CRUMP...

I understand that Vick believes that he's young Elway and Krump is young Shannon. However, even Elway had the three amigos.

I think they have gone overboard on vick's running. A little bit keeps the defense offguard. But the other aspects of the offense have to be developed, not just Vick's running. If they don't, the good defensivie teams will figure it out and shut him down. The short passing game that the 49ers mastered will help open up the entire playbook.

Quote:

ok, we're 3-1. but theres some things we need to work on

1) I fear that if we trail, we wont catch up. our running game is great, but we gotta learn to win games by passing if necessary (ex- time is against us). running the ball closes out games but when your trailing, you have to throw the ball.

2) scoring in the redzone. we suck at it. 7 points is better than 3. against great teams, we have to get those 7. 3 wont cut it.

hopefully the BYE WEEK addresses all our weaknesses.

our last weakness (special teams) was fixed!
smile.gif

1. That's the problem with having Vick as our QB. When we're tied or ahead he puts all sorts of pressure on defenses with his running. When we're down and need to pass, what do we do? Look horrible and point fingers at Vick and/or the receivers.

2. Agreed. We'll make the playoffs and then lose because we can't punch it in from the redzone. I'm also tired of watching us pass so much from inside the 10. Let Dunn, Norwood, and Griffith pound the ball in! Those guys can do more than just take it to the sideline.