• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

anybody like the rockets?

bonethugz

i'm not asking if we have any rockets fans. i just think it's interesting that what a team they have. what interesting is, they have so many swingmen that they're just like us. better, or different but you know what i mean? i mean look, first t-mac then new rocket wells. battier and head, snyder and sura, the rookies gay and novak. i know i'm missing somebody here. alston isn't really a point guard. what kind of team do they have? i'll be watching them though

• Premium Member

First off they traded Gay to get Battier... i dislike this trade because I suspect Gay will turn out to be a much better player... Still, I think this is one of the type of players that they needed to be a Van Gundy type team.

With Head, TMAC, Battier, Howard and Ming, they have a team that can do a lot of damage.

BUT..

It's been three years and they haven't addressed the PF position. It's like it doesn't exist to them. I'm sorry but Howard and Padgett are both old... I would really like to see them trade For Fortson or some guy who has experience in the post who could take over after Howard is gone.

I love their young players:

Harryass..

Novak.

Azubuike.

Hayes.

I like Novak because he will shoot the lights out and they may be able to play him as a Big Sf or a Pf. He is definitely a Detleif Shrempf type SF/PF guy...

I like Harryass because of the name. Harryass has been tested but he's a Standford guy...

I like Azubuike and Hayes because they are UK products!!!

With Azubuike, Alston, and Head... the PG position will be one that will be hard to figure. Azubuike can definitely play defense.

Chuck Hayes is a glue guy. He does what needs to be done. I think he will emerge as a Van Gundy Favorite.

But the test will still be weather or not Yao can dominate. If Yao can dominate and everybody stays healthy, Houston could be the best in the West!

Another team worth new Talk is Golden State!!!!

All I have to say is Woah Nellie.

Nellie coaching BDiddy, JRich, and Dunleavy Jr... I hate to say it but this could be a repeat of RUN-TMC!

i really like the ROCKETS, but they have underachieved since Yao + McGrady hooked up. If Shaq + Kobe can get you several rings, YAO + McGRADY should get you a few rings as well.

to their defense, injuries have bugged both of them (especially mcgrady).

they have Bonzi Wells now as a solid 3rd option. Shane Battier is a great team "glue" player who will play his role perfectly.

if they stay healthy, they are one of the best in the WEST. if they dont, then they will be fighting for the 8th playoff spot.

Quote:

But the test will still be weather or not Yao can dominate. If Yao can dominate and everybody stays healthy, Houston could be the best in the West!

Good analysis on the Rockets. I live in Houston so I know the team very well. I like the Rockets and expect that they'll do well as long as T-MAC holds up - which is always a concern. Also, I'm not a big Yao fan as he can be neutralized with a smaller lineup - which is where the game is going

Quote:

Quote:

Good analysis on the Rockets. I live in Houston so I know the team very well. I like the Rockets and expect that they'll do well as long as T-MAC holds up - which is always a concern. Also, I'm not a big Yao fan as he can be neutralized with a smaller lineup - which is where the game is going

had we not drafted Shelden perhaps the Rockets was his destination. it fits a need.

• Premium Member

Houston definitely needed defense and they also definitely need a PF of the future.

I thought they would take Cedrick Simmons... That would have been a great match for them with Shelden off the board.

Shelden would match well too. I think they might tinker with Novak playing a little PF. Novak is a classic tweener with a definite shooters stroke. I say he's the next Shempf. Plus, he doesn't play defense that well.. however, with Yao, do you need a great defending Pf? I don't know... maybe you do... But when they put Novak on the floor...

Novak, Head, Tmac, Battier on the perimeter... Yao in the post... They will make it hard for teams to play defense...

Yao can play the post when he's guarding a guy like Dampier but smaller centers will force him to the perimeter to take advantage of his immobility with their quickness. Diaw took abused Yao by doing just that. Look for more teams to go small against the Rockets...

• Moderators

Quote:

Shelden would match well too. I think they might tinker with Novak playing a little PF. Novak is a classic tweener with a definite shooters stroke. I say he's the next Shempf.

Detlef was pretty darn good. I don't think Novak will be in his class.

• Moderators

Bear in mind, though, that Schrempf was a 19 ppg and 9.5 rpg guy at his peak. He was an All-Star at least one year and All-NBA in another year. He was a fantastic third option on a team.

I just have big trouble seeing Novak ever reaching that level.