• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where is Archie44?

capstone21

• Premium Member

No need to question his desire or heart. While at Utah, he led. He was a leader of sorts in Cleveland. I mean, he was the only good freaking player they had (well, he and Person). BTW, I would love to trade for Person.

Anyway, Miller is a guy who can rebound, Assist and score about 14. He's a triple double machine with the right team. He won't be a total fix but getting him would be much better than dismantling and starting over.

Ok....Supposed we do trade JT/Nazr for Miller and a backup. In the offseason, I believe someone in this forum said Kenny Anderson wanted to play for the hawks (i'm not quite sure if he's a free agent this summer). But if we do sign Anderson, we'll have Miller/Anderson/Dickau as our pGs.

........................................................................................................................................................................

JUST FOR FUN:

Honestly, I want Garnett more than anything.

Big Dog/Shareef/Henderson for Garnett (dreaming here...)

Terry/Nazr for Miller/Backup Center

Miller/Newble/?/Garnett/Theo

Hawkster411,

Anderson does want to come to Atlanta. He is a free agent at the end of the year. Which is nice for Atlanta to keep in their back pocket, if we don't wind up getting Miller.

He wants to FINISH his career here. Which means, he doesn't have much left in that 31-32 year old body.

But, having the backcourt of Dickau/Anderson/Miller would be pointless. We would either have to get rid of Dickau or not sign Anderson.

There would be just way too much juice at that position.

Play.

I think you could see Dickau and Anderson at PG next year if the Terry deal for either Eddie Jones or Derek Anderson go down. Mike Wilks may be brought back as a spark plug off the bench, but I just don't see him keeping his spot over Dickau for very long.

Eddie Jones isn't old. He's older than most of our players, but he and Glenn are around the same age. I think they came out in the same draft.

What he brings to the table first and foremost is defense. He's averaging 18 ppg, which would probably drop some in Atlanta with SAR and Big Dog, so he can score when needed. He's shooting 39% from behind the arc, which would improve that aspect of the Hawks.

A backcourt of Jones and Wilks (for the time being) would improve our perimeter defense greatly.

KB21,

But, would still leave us virtually clueless on the offensive end. No one could run an offensive system properly with that lineup.

If we get Eddie Jones, I hope it is with the loss of Big Dog.

I would prefer Andre Miller or any other point gaurd who can run an offense.

I guess, Eddie Jones isn't a poor choice if we plan on picking up Kenny Anderson in the offseason, but I wouldn't expect us to improve too much by picking up ONLY Jones for Terry.

Play.

I guess you could say Dan Dickau is the wild card. He's expected to get more and more playing time as he gets himself into basketball shape again. If he's anything like his idol, John Stockton, then we may have a fix. The Hawks think he can be a Mark Price type of PG. A lot of scouts compared him more to Steve Nash. Either way, those are two great point guards.