• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where is Archie44?

capstone21

The trade that is coming will involve Jason Terry and Nazr Mohammed. I'm not sure what will materialize, but those are the two players that are being shopped by the Hawks.

They are going to give it another couple of weeks with this team before a big move is made, and I figure they are going to really test Dan Dickau over that time period as well.

• Admin

simply because we've been looking for a ball handling SG for two years and haven't gotten him yet. THey don't fall off trees and teams that have them DO NOT give them up.

ask yourself what's easier to get, a ball handling SG or a PG that can run an offense. The answer is simple. We don't need a PG that can score 20ppg. We need one that can give us a solid 12-14 and run an offense. That guy is going to be A LOT easier to find than a ball handling SG.

KB21,

What possibilities exist with that trade? I mean, that is a pretty large salary to be shipped in a player (Nazr).

I wish they would shop Big Dog. I think there is more call for a pure shooter than there is a JT.

I think we could do more to solidify this team by shopping Biggy Fats than anyone else. Of course, his contract is pretty much Biggy Fatts too.

Play.

ChillzAtl,

I agree completely. I think Jason Terry's biggest problem is simply when he gets trucking... he doesn't look at the floor. He can't find the open man.

Out of a SG that is okay, I mean, I would lov eit if he COULD drive the lane and dish for an open dunk... but so far, he isn't that type of player. BUT, on the same hand... we, as a team, move incredibly poor without the ball.

Play.

• Admin

Nazr was a coveted free agent the year he was signed. The lakers wanted him, the bucks wanted him, LOTS of teams were interested. He did a great job the following season for us considering he was basically a rookie doing a starters job.

Bigdog has more value, no doubt. But we need bigdog more than we need nazr because 20/7 players aren't easy finds.

ChillzAtl,

I am not saying keep Nazr over Big Dog... I am saying keep Terry over Big Dog.

I think we can get more out of Big Dog in a trade than we can out of Terry.

Nazr is playing like a bum. I think he is doing a poor job of riding the pine. I thought he would be phenominal off the bench since he played so many starter minutes against the best in the league.

I think he had a taste of the starters life and won't play well until he gets back.

But, that is my opinion.

Play.

Let's just say that Pete Babcock would give his left nut to get Andre Miller, and the Clippers want to trade him because he does not work well with Lamar Odom. The story behind this is that the Clippers will choose to resign Odom because he will be the cheaper player. They like using Odom to set the offense at the top of the key, and Miller doesn't fit as well in that scheme as Miller is more of a Jason Kidd type. Plus, they like Marko Jaric at that position for the future.

Nazr only makes 5-6 million and is signed for the next 4 years. He's a cheaper alternative than resigning Olowokandi in the offseason.

I'm not necessarily saying that something will definitely go down, but it is a possibility.

Andre Miller could be a Hawk in the near future.

KB21,

I am not familiar enough with Andre Miller as a person or a player to have much of an opinion on the deal.

BUT, if he is one-tenth the player J.Kidd is... if there is a chance to do it and Bad-[censored] doesn't do the deal - I'll strangle him. I murderize him.

That is EXACTLY what we need. A player who can handle the rock. Drive the lane. Dish to open players.

I'd be in heaven watching Reef get wide open dunks.

I'd be in heaven watching someone OTHER than Big Dog drive with the ball.

Is this a wish on your behalf... or is this a true possibility? Is Miller a decent guy? How tall is he? Defense?

Play.

• Admin

Keeping JT doesn't make us better. Losing bigdog and keeping JT certainly doesn't make us better. It leaves us with the same lack of playmaking problem and takes away 20ppg.

As I said in another post. You need to put your dislike for bigdog aside and consider what is best for the team.

KB21,

I didn't have a dislike of Big Dog UNTIL I saw him in a Hawks uniform for a while.

I saw him ball hog, take dumb shots and play little to no defense.

My hatred came from his play for us.

I was actually QUITE excited when the trade was made. I had no idea that THIS is what we would get.

But, I also admit that he is being used improperly.

Play.

I think that miller is probably the player that the are looking for...

olowakandi is definitely gone and between brand, odom and miller they will sign two max and miller will demand the max...

whether or not they get him is quite another matter... there are a number of teams out there that might be able to do better than us with that trade....

he could really flourish in LA if he only had to play SG and score. [censored] Jaric and Odom can run the offense and with Brand getting double teams down low JT can be free to run off of screens and knock down jumpers. I really think he could get much much better if he were a full-time SG. Plus how many teams can offer a lightning quick SG with ball handling ability?

Andre Miller is around 6-2, 210 lbs, played collegiately at Utah....Lead the NBA in assists per game last season....Terrific ball handler.....Very good defender.....Very poor shooter.

He's a 16 and 10 guy who will initiate the offense, get the ball to the right people at the right time, and play defense. He's not a guy that can play without the ball because he isn't a good shooter from the perimeter.

I dissagree...Miller is a mediocre defender..JT

droped 45 on him last year.He's not a leader

either.The hawks need a PG and a thug big man

like Dale Davis or I'd be happy with Brian Grant.

Of course I would give up JT/Nazr for Miller/backup center.

I think you mean watching big dog TRY and drive the ball and then either a) losing it of his foot b) trying to go behind his back and delivering the ball into the help defenses' hands or c) just hand it to the guy

he's a lot better trying to post his man, back to the basket, and taking the turnover...that is if he should/has to be dribbling, something I'd rather not see

• Premium Member

This is how Sterling thinks..

If we're not in the championship game, there's no need to pay all these players.

He knows he has Odom bent over. I mean, Odom has been hurt and Odom has the problem. He doesn't have to pay Odom the max because demand for Odom is down.

He will pay Brand. Hard to argue with a 20/10 PF.

However, he won't pay Miller the max. Miller doesn't fit their system well (I figured he wouldn't). BUT he still needs a PG. JT is perfect. JT's value has slipped. Sterling can pay JT a reasonable salary or even sign him for 1 yr. Then he can use JT with Marko in an uptempo game.

I really believe that we can deal for Miller.

Miller is Kidd like and lead the league in assists last yr. Sterling might want a 1st rounder though. He kind of likes the way Babs just gives the first out.

Diesel,

If this is an upgrade, and he is half the man you say he is... I'd dish out our late first rounder from Indiana this year, in a heartbeat.

In the offseason, sign some veterans. I would love to see a Charles Oakley type come to Atlanta. Someone who is going to jump down the payer's throats for playing like morons.

I love little JT, but what we need is a player who can handle the ball and dish it out while in the lane. Something JT cannot and will not do.

Play.