• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shelden already making waves

lynred

Quote:

...hopefully there will be no payback tonight

Same here...I didn't see it but it doesn't sound like it was a deal where they feel Shelden was trying to hurt Milicic. The Majic coach's main complaint was that it should have been an offensive foul - not that Shelden should have gotten a flagrant or kicked out of the game. I never want to see anybody get hurt, but it's a tough game sometimes, especially going up against power forwards.

Quote:

It's a nice calling card to leave for the league. You know that the bigs around the league are gonna be checking him out. He'll need Lo to watch his back.

agreed. i think shelden knows that his role will mostly focusing on toughness and defense, at least to start off. he probably realizes he's about to be in for a long, physical season because he will be tested. i think having zaza and lo here will make it easier to bring him a long without HAVING to depend on him too much. He can learn at a nice pace and doesnt get too beatup his first year.

Quote:

...i think having zaza and lo here will make it easier to bring him a long without HAVING to depend on him too much. He can learn at a nice pace and doesnt get too beatup his first year.

I dunno man...looks to me like Shelden is gonna be the guy teaching them. I think he will have a helluva tough season. Look at the previously posted Sheldon pics from Yahoo. Two guys (A. Walker and Posey blocking out Shelden and holding him) while in the foreground MW is standing there with his hands at his sides. These guys know who will work for position. Position is key in rebounding. Larry B was a helluva rebounder just because he understood position and blocking out. He often got rebounds at shoulder level by blocking off jumpers with his body.

Sheldon understands and is considerably stronger than a guy like Bird...not comparing them (duh)...but I think Shelden will be a top-flight rebounder.