• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin Williams brakes hand: out 4 - 6 weeks

coachx

According to ajc.com Marvin Williams broke the 3rd metatarcil in his left hand. Yes, the exact same injury as Speedy Claxton.

Now, isn't everybody happy we have this depth in the front court with Sheldon Williams and L. Wright, not to mention Childress sliding over to SF. That Sheldon pick looks better by the day.

At least we have the depth to get by for a while.

Our starting unit (if its Sheldon and Smoove) will be excellent defensively and really protect the rim and paint.

Quote:

According to ajc.com Marvin Williams broke the 3rd metatarcil in his left hand. Yes, the exact same injury as Speedy Claxton.

Now, isn't everybody happy we have this depth in the front court with Sheldon Williams and L. Wright, not to mention Childress sliding over to SF. That Sheldon pick looks better by the day.

Our starting unit (if its Sheldon and Smoove) will be excellent defensively and really protect the rim and paint.

Yeah getting Randy Foye really would have helped us out in this situation..lol. Childress is out because he needs to be JJ's primary backup. I think the lineup should be

Speedy

JJ

Smoove

Shelden

Zaza

Scoring options

1. JJ

2. Zaza

3. Smoove

4. Shelden

5. Speedy

Second team

Salim

Chills

Solomon

Lo Wright

Glynstiff

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah getting Randy Foye really would have helped us out in this situation..lol. Childress is out because he needs to be JJ's primary backup. I think the lineup should be

Speedy

JJ

Smoove

Shelden

Zaza

Scoring options

1. JJ

2. Zaza

3. Smoove

4. Shelden

5. Speedy

Second team

Salim

Chills

Solomon

Lo Wright

Glynstiff

I agree. The Landlord better be ready to start collecting some rent because he will get a ton of playing time the first month of the season thats for sure. I still can't believe this is happening. 2 broken hands in one preseason to both our starters! Unreal .

Quote:

As long as nothing happens to Joe we will be fine.

No this hurts man! Marvin was supposed to be second leading scorer behind JJ. I guess its good he will only be out as long as Speedy was which was about 5 weeks.

Can this team ever catch a break (no pun intended)? This bunch is more accursed than The Mummy. Just when you think things are beginning to look up for a change, we get not one but two starters to come down with broken hands along with one of our big men getting suspended for the opener because of a fight with a scrub.

Super start to a super season, fellas.

This really hurts. Marvin was suppose to our second goto scorer behind JJ. He was going to be huge in our challenge to become better starting off the season.

This is really not good. You can't replace what I have been hearing and seeing of this kid in the last few months.

Sometime I think the Hawks are truly jinxed!!

Quote:

This really hurts. Marvin was suppose to our second goto scorer behind JJ. He was going to be huge in our challenge to become better starting off the season.

This is really not good. You can't replace what I have been hearing and seeing of this kid in the last few months.

Sometime I think the Hawks are truly jinxed!!

This will strenghthen the team in the long run. Chillz gets more minutes, Salim and lue get more minutes. We are very versitile. Lo or Shelden can work in 4 and 5. lue can work in 1 and 2. Speedy can score 15-18 a game if needed. Coach will push buttons and we will be a better team for the injury.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Speedy

JJ

Smoove

Shelden

Zaza

Scoring options

1. JJ

2. Zaza

3. Smoove

4. Shelden

5. Speedy

Second team

Salim

Chills

Solomon

Lo Wright

Glynstiff

Am I reading this that you are advocating Solomon Jones as the backup SF or is this just a list of the second five irresective of position?

Either way, Lue should be in that group, IMO.

Shelden isn't ready to start because he gets in foul trouble. Chill will start at the 3 and Shelden will back up the 4. ZaZa may spell Smoove some and they may have Lo and ZaZa on the court now together some. I think Freije makes the team for sure now as he can play the 3. Shell just can't stay out on the court long enough to be a starter and I think they plan to bring him along slower like they did with Marvin last year. This absolutely sucks.

No I think that Solomon jones could backup the 3 position...although he would be more like the 3rd SF with childress moving between 2-3. Ideally though a realistic second team would be

Bozeman

Salim

Childress

Solomon

Lo

This would only be if JJ was having a bad game or needed some extended rest or foul trouble

I didn't put Lue in because I had Salim in and under no circumstances do I want Lue and Salim in at the same time.