• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it a possibility that Smoove goes to the bench?

Wurider05

I mean if things stay the way they are now, SHelden and MArvin should be our starting forwards. We need Marvin's aggressiveness on offense and his more consistent jumpshot would open up the floor. Teams don't respect Smoove's jumpshot because all of them are wide open (if you haven't notices. I can't understand why he can't just take it to the lane and draw the foul. Maybe it just a slow start but something is gonna have to give.

PS: when was the last time we were .500 this late in the season!!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I can't understand why he can't just take it to the lane and draw the foul.

This is where the problem is! Smoove has never done it before but yet posters expect him to all of sudden start playing like that. The fact is that he can't dribble! Marvin on the other hand, has shown he can take it to the basket but yet some poster still don't believe he is better than Smoove. I stated in the preseason that the starting small forward will come down to Marvin and Smoove because Shelden is clearly the better power forward that both. Some of you continue to make the argument to start Smoove at small forward but it doesn't make any sense. I repeat again, Smoove does not have the skills necessary to be a good starting small forward in this league. Marvin already has the skills to be a great small forward in this league.

Are you guys crazy???? Smoove has not sucked at all. He has been one of our best players on the defensive end so far. And his offensive production looked much improved from game 1 to game 2.

I'm impressed with how Shelden has played inside, but he is still showing his feet are a little slow on defense and he is forcing things a bit on offense. I'm excited with what is to come with Sheldon, but Smoove and Marvin are our two starting forwards when MW comes back.

I want to believe so bad that Smoove will lose his awkward ways when it comes to ball-handling. He just looks totally uncomfortable when it comes to any kind of dribble penetration. When he does attempt to drive, more times than not he loses control immediately and winds up throwing up some crazy layup. Again, I want to see him get better so for the Smoove lovers here, I'm not hating. I just think he still fails at pressure ball-handling which is pretty important.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He has been one of our best players on the defensive end so far.

Best defensive player? Smoove was getting lost all last night on defense trying to guard Q. Richardson. You see this is the kind of bias that gets to me. Everyone will say that Zaza played poorly on defense and needs to improve then turn around and say that Smoove was great on defense when it was clear that his man continued to beat him underneath. Oh well believe what you want to believe.

I am starting to wonder if it will be Chill that we re-sign and let Smoove go. By go I mean we trade him. We know Marvin is our future at SF. He is a natural SF. Chill is great at doing the little things we need coming off the bench. Smoove really has no position. He is not a SF and his isn't translating his game to that of a PF. Shelden is natural fit at PF. Beside I want our team to start looking close to normal b-ball team. A line-up of the following will do just that.

PG-Speedy

SG-Johnson

SF-Marvin

PF-Shelden

C-Pachulia

• Premium Member

Quote:

I am starting to wonder if it will be Chill that we re-sign and let Smoove go. By go I mean we trade him. We know Marvin is our future at SF.

There is no way that Childress is going anywhere unless Woodsen 7 BK are gone because he is definitely Woodsen's favorite Hawk and maybe BK's too. But here is the problem, J. Smoove obviously is a fan favorite and there are probably more J. Smoove fans than Hawk fans. Which means that many people would rather watch an unbalanced hawk team with J Smoove than a balanced team with out him.

Quote:

Quote:

He has been one of our best players on the defensive end so far.

Best defensive player? Smoove was getting lost all last night on defense trying to guard Q. Richardson. You see this is the kind of bias that gets to me. Everyone will say that Zaza played poorly on defense and needs to improve then turn around and say that Smoove was great on defense when it was clear that his man continued to beat him underneath. Oh well believe what you want to believe.

Honestly, those Q.Rich scores down low weren't all Smoove's fault. The Knicks where running a screen on him along the baseline and no one was switching.

This isn't to say that benching Smoove might not be for the best. If his poor shot selection continues then I could see it, especially with Chillz playing so well. Then again, Woodson probably wants Chillz to continue coming off the bench with the energy he supplies.

Honestly, I think we're pretty close to having a half-court offense. Joe/Chillz/Sheldon/Zaza have seemed pretty solid. Hopefully Speedy comes along in the next couple games.

Quote:

The only thing Shelden has done well is rebound. Everything else he has sucked at doing, he got abused by Webber and Lee last night. Smoove will not be losing his starting job anytime soon.

I would have to disagree. Webber really wasn't a factor after those first few positions. After that Sheldon did well. Last night against the Knicks he played much better. The stats may speak differently, but I think Sheldon and Lee played pretty evenly.

I'm actually beginning to think that Smoove is missing Marvin being in the lineup with him. I think they were beginning to get a connection (already had one) and now that Marvin is out, Smoove has to re-adjust.

Never fear, Smoove has started out slow each year and improved throughout the year. I think we all were hoping this year would be different, but the truth is that Smoove is still young. Needless to say, I believe he will come around much quicker this year than in the past two. I have a feeling that in one of the next three games he'll have a huge game and then go from there.

Quote:

The only thing Shelden has done well is rebound. Everything else he has sucked at doing, he got abused by Webber and Lee last night. Smoove will not be losing his starting job anytime soon.

if you want to be credible you have to atleast try to show that you can't have an unbiased opinion

Quote:

Shelden has also defended better than Josh, and he has also done a great job of setting picks on the perimeter and doing some of the little things.

Quote:

Quote:

Shelden has also defended better than Josh, and he has also done a great job of setting picks on the perimeter and doing some of the little things.

I don't choose a guy over JS for picks. Please.

As long as we have a hybrid center we have to play SW, but this 4 and 5 lineup will NEVER EVER meaning FOREVER win an NBA title. SW leads to mediocrity. I don't know what MW and JS lead to with the right center but it d@mn sure has the potential for much more.

First it was Diaw people complained about. He went on to be MIP. Then Harrington. NOw suddenly Josh Smith. This is silly. Don't harp on the things a player can't do well (yet), harp on what he can do that no other player can. GET THIS TEAM A TRUE CENTER PROSPECT!

Quote:

Quote:

I can't understand why he can't just take it to the lane and draw the foul.

This is where the problem is! Smoove has never done it before but yet posters expect him to all of sudden start playing like that. The fact is that he can't dribble! Marvin on the other hand, has shown he can take it to the basket but yet some poster still don't believe he is better than Smoove. I stated in the preseason that the starting small forward will come down to Marvin and Smoove because Shelden is clearly the better power forward that both. Some of you continue to make the argument to start Smoove at small forward but it doesn't make any sense. I repeat again, Smoove does not have the skills necessary to be a good starting small forward in this league. Marvin already has the skills to be a great small forward in this league.

I agree "P". We have a lot of collective wisdom on this board and why Smoove's game has not been worked on is baffling. If he has not in his entire basketabll career even against 6'4" high school defenders developed some semblance of an inside game or at least try a midrange game. Kevin Willis with smaller hands than Josh but at 7 ft. developed a "jump hook" that was unstoppable and carried him near 17 years. Josh needs finger rolls, jump hooks, fall aways inside, anything, that requires 1-3 dribbles and let it fly. His concentration on his body and not on his game is what is hurting him. Repetitions is where the action is needed for him. He actually can be found with hands on his hips at the perimeter while the other 4 players are in motion in the offensive flow.