Anyone else see Salim sulking?

terrynoonan

I sat behind the Hawks bench and Salim was paying no attention during timeouts, not congratulating anyone, and at one point was joking with Ivey while Woodson was talking.

What an @sshole! Even after the game he was the last one in the tunnel. He had his head down and looked like a little baby.

I am so sick of anyone who thinks this guy belongs on our "team". I'm not making this up. It was blatantly obvious and classless. He sulked the whole game! Not paying attention to your coach is unacceptable at any level. Even if it is Mike Woodson.

Do you think Woody gave up on him, ... or is he trying to teach him a lesson? "Play my way or sit" Personally I think Salim has too much talent to give up on but he's got to straighten out that attitude. They put up with it at Arizona but Woody can't allow it here.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Attitude is everything, And he has one of the worst one's. He thinks he's the best which he is'nt. Everyone else earned their playing time and he did'nt. So until he learns that you have to be a team player he deserves to sit on the bench.

Who care about Salim? We have guys busting their butts out there winning game and we are talking about Salim. Typical of this board!

I'm talking about Salim. He was seething mad the whole game.

He did not listen to Woodson during any timeout. Really, I've said a lotta sh!t about him and I was astonished to find that I was 100% right about him. Your body language has to be pretty poor to spot from 50 yards away. He is an absolute cancer. We don't need guys talking to him. We need to cut him soon. Period. This is nothing new. He has no respect for anything.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He did not listen to Woodson during any timeout. Really, I've said a lotta sh!t about him and I was astonished to find that I was 100% right about him. Your body language has to be pretty poor to spot from 50 yards away. He is an absolute cancer. We don't need guys talking to him. We need to cut him soon. Period. This is nothing new. He has no respect for anything.

Plus he can't do the one thing that he was suppose to be good at which is shoot.

Shooters only can succeed by shooting. Salim is like Ben Gordon. He might miss his first 10 shots and then hit the next 10. He is not built to come off the bench for 5 minutes and hit 2 shots and sit back down. He needs to get about 20mpg. What is going to happen is that he'll end up being traded to Cleveland, score 17ppg and then we'll be on here bitchin about how Woodson didn't use him right. IMO he should be used like Steve Kerr, John Paxon, Dan Majerle etc. Instead of Smoove taking kick out threes is should be Salim taking those shots.

• Moderators

Why not just have Freije (sp?) take them? He is much less likely to be covered at the 3 point line and I've heard he's a very consistent shooter. I know he missed some so far but Salim's were bricks.

Anyway, I think Salim's elbow is screwed up. He hurt it at the end of the season last year and then again in SL. But, if he's not going to be a team player here then we might as well move him. Sure he may be great for someone else but if he won't play for us then it doesn't matter. There are 11 other guys who don't seem to have a problem with the direction of the team.

Quote:

Shooters only can succeed by shooting. Salim is like Ben Gordon. He might miss his first 10 shots and then hit the next 10. He is not built to come off the bench for 5 minutes and hit 2 shots and sit back down. He needs to get about 20mpg. What is going to happen is that he'll end up being traded to Cleveland, score 17ppg and then we'll be on here bitchin about how Woodson didn't use him right. IMO he should be used like Steve Kerr, John Paxon, Dan Majerle etc. Instead of Smoove taking kick out threes is should be Salim taking those shots.

so who do we play him with and who do we sit?

Lue, JJ, Speedy, Chillz are your guards especially when Marvin comes back.

that's only 24 min/each w/o Salim taking up minutes.

there is no room to play Salim. perhaps Billy wasn't smarter than everyone else when Salim dropped down to him in the 2nd round.

Quote:

i would love to see Salim put up 17 ppg in Cleveland this season or next if we get a player in return that has a winning mentality over a boxscore mentality.

Quote:

Where do you get this crap from. Do you know Salim? Have you ever talked to him? Has anyone in the Hawks organization every said any of this dribble to you directly.

Well you are out of line and probably out of control yourself.

Coach will afford Salim's talents for sure, he is a very important piece in Woody's chess (chest). Woodson is doing a wonderful job of rotating Bozeman and Solomon particularly in stretches of the first halves of games. Providing Bozeman and Solomon (Frieje too) of "early seasoning" to the benefit of now and later as they will grow in talents and experience. Despite the unenlightened haters, the fruits of Coach Woodson's teachings are starting to become apparent. Salim will have his minutes as time goes by, it is a long season.

Give the coach a hand. and give Salim a break, Geez

I'd rather have and watch a team with no fire that plays well together neglecting their individual accolades and achievements to win; than a team with cocky butt-holes who care more about playing time and think the name on the back of their jerseys means more than the one on the front.

I was watching our Hawks the entire game. I watched the timeouts. You know they are right there. You can watch them you know instead of talking or eating. Are you an idiot? You obviously weren't at the game. He practically sat down while Woodson was talking. He should listen to every play diagram and learn the situational context whether he is playing or not.