• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ultimate Hate from Chad Ford

Final_quest

Paul (Augusta): Chad so what do you make of the Hawks and their fast start in 2006?

Chad Ford: (12:07 PM ET ) I have no idea. Speedy Claxton's been awful. Ditto for Shelden Williams. Marvin Williams has been hurt and they're beating teams they have no business beating. Lots of credit goes to Joe Johnson who's off to a really hot start ... and Zaza Pachulia has played really well ... but they're coming back down to Earth soon Hawks fans. Soon ...

He sounds down right angry about our success. This is starting to get bizarre.

Quote:

Paul (Augusta): Chad so what do you make of the Hawks and their fast start in 2006?

Chad Ford: (12:07 PM ET ) I have no idea. Speedy Claxton's been awful. Ditto for Shelden Williams. Marvin Williams has been hurt and they're beating teams they have no business beating. Lots of credit goes to Joe Johnson who's off to a really hot start ... and Zaza Pachulia has played really well ... but they're coming back down to Earth soon Hawks fans. Soon ...

He'll never forgive BK for not giving him special treatment. All his analysis is stat based. Otherwise, he would have mentioned Chillz. He doesn't even know how good our defense is.

This Chad Ford clown really is a joke! He knows nothing about basketball either. I haven't read one thing from him that tells me differently. How can he say Shelden has been TERRIBLE! Does he know anything about position defense and what he does for this team. I hate this idiot! Keep winning Hawks so this moron can eat some crow! Sorry for hating of Ford here but i've had enough of his criticism of the Hawks.

Quote:

what's up with me getting the ?s posted the last couple of days?

anybody got anything they want me to ask an ESPN host? grin.gifwink.gifgrin.giftongue.gif

well Speedy is playing bad and Shelden isn't scoring alot of points. you don't really think he's actually seen a Hawks game this year do you?

This is the kind of thing that reminds me why you don't have to respect every opinion.

Has anyone checked out the Daily Dime on ESPN. It has a whole section for each team and 10 really wrong opinions. Only a few have even the slightest idea about what kind of players we have. All the regulars are there bashing us.

In the words of Patrick Lehey "You can have your own opinion, but you can't have your own facts".

• Premium Member

Do you guys know the history of Chad Ford? He used to run sportstalk.com which was THE internet sports rumor site back in the day. ESPN was losing so much traffic and actual stories that were proven true to sportstalk that they went in and bought out the site and gave Ford and his buddies some cushy jobs.

Sportstalk.com died and became...ESPN Insider.

Ford is just as clueless and a rumor monger now as he ever was. The difference? He went from being "internet hack" to "ESPN roving reporter" with "insider sources".

He hates Knight because Knight won't talk to anyone in the media. Pete Babcock was probably the nicest GM in the league who talked to these guys and Knight refuses to do it. A little too much IMO but this is where Ford's hate comes in. Knight won't talk to him or explain his draft logic so Ford has been on a crusade against him for years.

Quote:

Some people have a hard time admitting when they're wrong. My view is that the best thing about admitting that you were wrong is that suddenly you get to be right again!