• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Okay.. i am UPSET.

drzachary

I had my rally corndog during halftime. Did you? I'm pretty sure mine is what got them to OT in the first place, but if only one more of Nicholasp27, Lascar, DJ_Money or anyone else had pitched in, we could have had the win.

Does this mean the corndog magic is gone? Does it mean we stop here?

No. It means we eat even more.

Quote:

Haha.

How did they look tonight? Besides the rediculous amount of 3's, horrible FT shooting, and all that good stuff?

Does it seem like the D has just completely gone away without Speedy?

Definitely too much guard penetration. I was upset with the number of threes taken, even though Smoove did hit those 2 late.

What's funny is that JJ looked like he was having a TERRIBLE game in person, and you look up and he's filling up the stat sheet. He had a look of disbelief that his potential winner in OT didn't go in. He looked a little tired too IMO.

It's very possible that my observations should be completely disregarded, though, as I broke my glasses last week and have been flying blind since.

Say what you want about Speedy, but this defense isn't nearly as good without him. Speedy is crafty, quick, gets a lot of steals, and has tons of experience. Bozeman is a good defensive player but not on the same level as Speedy.

Are we missing Marvin defensively? Or even offensively? To me that is an interesting question.

Does anyone know what the real deal of Speedy's return is?

blush.gif

My apologies. I'll eat 5 corndogs and say 10 Hail Mary's on Tuesday as pennance.

I think I did see you in 317, Dr. Z. You the guy with the Hawksquawk hoody? I saw you early, before the game, but once the crowds came and filled in, it was difficult.

Quick observations now, since I'm tired and not so sober...

Seattle is one of those teams that we're gonna struggle with, I think. They're a perimeter team, based around Ray Allen, who probably does more damage out there than anybody. I spent the entire night cursing his name and just knew he was gonna end our night.

Defensively, our strength is on the inside. On the perimeter, we have some issues. That much has become obvious the last two nights.

We were way too in love with the three point shot tonight. Props to Seattle for the way they adjusted though. Zaza was hot in the 1st half, but they handled him well late. JJ really got it going in the 3rd, but they shut him out down the stretch. He sat on 26 for much of the 4th and OT.

Quote:

Say what you want about Speedy, but this defense isn't nearly as good without him. Speedy is crafty, quick, gets a lot of steals, and has tons of experience. Bozeman is a good defensive player but not on the same level as Speedy...

Not even close. Boze can't cover fast PGs or even SGs with the new rules (no hand checking). He may be OK against some guys but Allen ate him alive.

Quote:

I had my rally corndog during halftime. Did you? I'm pretty sure mine is what got them to OT in the first place, but if only one more of Nicholasp27, Lascar, DJ_Money or anyone else had pitched in, we could have had the win.

I ate a chicken burrito...does that count?

Quote:

blush.gif

My apologies. I'll eat 5 corndogs and say 10 Hail Mary's on Tuesday as pennance.

I think I did see you in 317, Dr. Z. You the guy with the Hawksquawk hoody? I saw you early, before the game, but once the crowds came and filled in, it was difficult.

Quick observations now, since I'm tired and not so sober...

Seattle is one of those teams that we're gonna struggle with, I think. They're a perimeter team, based around Ray Allen, who probably does more damage out there than anybody. I spent the entire night cursing his name and just knew he was gonna end our night.

Defensively, our strength is on the inside. On the perimeter, we have some issues. That much has become obvious the last two nights.

We were way too in love with the three point shot tonight. Props to Seattle for the way they adjusted though. Zaza was hot in the 1st half, but they handled him well late. JJ really got it going in the 3rd, but they shut him out down the stretch. He sat on 26 for much of the 4th and OT.

Yep, that was me in the Hawksquawk hoodie.

It did seem like Seattle adjusted much better than we did. Their outside game was going, which opened up the inside game (especially for their quicker players to penetrate.)

Quote:

i jinxed us. i was slamming some Pheonix fans before I left work friday night midway through the Toronto game. i accidentally typed that the Hawks were midway through beating a Toronto team and on their way to a 5-1 record. whoops. check that, a 4-1 record. in short the fix was in all along. the Hawks need not have showed up on Saturday, and unless you wanted to see TI there was no need for the fans to show up either.

the game was lost before it was ever played. frown.gifblush.giffrown.gifmad.gif

my bad.

Quote:

i messed up as well
frown.gif

i ate 3 for lunch

then my wife had 2 for dinner

but i ate a pizza for dinner...didn't think i could stomach 3 more after having eaten 3 a few hours earlier

if i had, we woulda hit 1-2 more FTs and won this game

i'm sorry

I'm not sure who I'm more disappointed in, you or gsuteke. frown.gif

Quote:

Quote:

i messed up as well
frown.gif

i ate 3 for lunch

then my wife had 2 for dinner

but i ate a pizza for dinner...didn't think i could stomach 3 more after having eaten 3 a few hours earlier

if i had, we woulda hit 1-2 more FTs and won this game

i'm sorry

I'm not sure who I'm more disappointed in, you or gsuteke. frown.gif

LOL i'd like to get some tickets next to you guys sometime.

it's a total drain though going there from Augusta. i left yesterday morning for the game at 8 AM and didn't get back until almost 9.

once again, my bad confused.gif