• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK is making the critics look foolish!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

You don't have to draft someone to just play hustle. I mean seriously. Its not that hard to understand. We signed Lo Down for almost nothing (NBA salary wise) and he's doing exactly the same thing as Shellhead except didn't cost a huge differential in talent level between being a #5 pick in the lottery and a veteran free agent signing. It was not, at all, a smart investment in that pick especially after one season ago we passed on three, THREE franchise point guards to draft a guy because of "potential". Why not grab someone with a higher ceiling STILL bring in Lo Down to handle the dirty work and see what ya got?

I'm not trying to sound insulting but it just floors me that you can't see how a huge mismanagement of resources that is.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I've seen every game except the Seattle game. He's not doing anything on the court except grab a few rebounds and get in foul trouble. If being simply average on defense and beyond horrible on offense is "making an impact" then yes, he's a poor man's Alan Henderson. Totally worth the #5 pick in the draft.
tongue.gif

So then every rookie this year will suck like Shelden then i guess because none have been doing at least what he has so far.

Quote:

Who are your 3 franchise PG's. Roy and Foye arent PG's they are tweeners which with JJ we dont need. Williams dropped for a reason. BK wasnt the only guy to pass on him, the last thing a young team is a pouter and quiter. (hence the salim threads) So what franchise PG did we miss????

Assuming he means Deron, Paul, and Felton.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Who are your 3 franchise PG's. Roy and Foye arent PG's they are tweeners which with JJ we dont need. Williams dropped for a reason. BK wasnt the only guy to pass on him, the last thing a young team is a pouter and quiter. (hence the salim threads) So what franchise PG did we miss????

Assuming he means Deron, Paul, and Felton.

You would be kupo, sir.

To bad that wasnt the Sheldon draft which is what this thread was all about nowhere else until you bringing up this previous draft did that matter. So now you blame BK for taking Sheldon over Paul, Felton, and Deron ????

that would explain why you never answer my questions, you never read anything.

• Premium Member

Quote:

To bad that wasnt the Sheldon draft which is what this thread was all about nowhere else until you bringing up this previous draft did that matter. So now you blame BK for taking Sheldon over Paul, Felton, and Deron ????

that would explain why you never answer my questions, you never read anything.

That's funny, coming from the guy who intentionally changed a quote of mine to try and attack me but got called out on it and never had the "testicular fortitude" to admit you got caught or even do the proper thing and apologize.

If you read my post instead of glossing over it I said that drafting Shellhead as a "need" when the prior draft we passed over MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better "needs" for "potential" made no sense whatsoever. If BK kept the same idea then we would have drafted someone OTHER than Shellhead for "potential". Do you understand now?

We could have STILL went out and got a tough guy inside like Lo Down for almost nothing. You don't waste #5 picks in the draft because they can maybe bang a little, hustle a little and do nothing else of note on the court except make horrible jump shots. That is the point I'm making. Why draft for "need" in 2006 with LESSER talent when in 2005 we passed over "need" with BETTER talent? Its just silly stupid.

So if you draft potential all the time thats all you will have, ala Clippers before and Chicago in the early 2000's. At some point you have to say I have my group of young guys now its time to fill needs. So was BK supposed to draft a SG or SF this year then you would be all over him for drafting the same spots again. Side note, getting 16 rebs in a game is always nice from anyone. Like to see how many top 5 big men have done that in their career let alone in there first 7 games.

Its rebs per 48 minutes I knew you have a hard to understanding the concept. Some players stats are inflated due to playing 5 min. and getting 2 reb. I was so looking forward to this type of response. If you actually look at players that avg over 20 minutes a game he would be 9th.

click and sort the stats by the column that is next to it. Rebounds per game. Shel is only avg 20 min per game. Yet he is top 40 on that list and only rookie. There are only 3 players ahead of him that avg less minutes. Everyone else ahead of him is avg at least 10 minutes more per game. So that tells me in a rookie in his first 7 games in the NBA we have a guy that is probably a top 20 rebounder factoring in minutes per game. Thats what the stat I showed you is for. Saying if everyone played the same amount this is what they would have. Clearly guys like you mentioned with the limited data pool to draw from should be excluded. But it is just to show you that our draft pick is doing exactly what we wanted. FIXING OUR BIGGEST NEED FROM LAST YEAR.

Lets look at this list then, all these guys are within 1 reb per game of shel, and listed is the number of more minutes a game it takes them to get that one extra reb. this is also no factoring in actually playing d which we need.

Strictly RPG not per 48

Ilgaskuis 2 min

J. O'neal 14 min

Kristic 14 min

Jamision 16 min

Dampier 5 min

then less the 1 rpg more

villanovia 7 min

curry 11 min

harrington 12 min

smoove 16 min

So all those minutes that sheldon gives up is time that marvin, chill, etc can ge be on teh floor getting pts he gives us the dame production as a lot of great rebounders in less time on the court that was my point.

If you really want a good laugh. look at it compared to jsut rookies. Guys that could have helped this year with our biggest prob in the paint. look at total reb, off reb, per 48, and only one rookie is within 3 reb. per game of shel.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?s...ype=2&pos=r

• Premium Member

Weren't you one of the cats who said Walter and I shouldn't hold Shellhead's horrible offensive numbers against him? So now after Shellhead finally had one good game of 15 rebounds that one game shoots him up a list that true studs like Jeff Foster and Roberts can dominate?

Its either one or the other. How many points, btw, did Shellhead have last night? And what was his shooting percentage?

WTF is wrong with you??

Everyone knows that Foster is a great rebounder. DId you ever watch him play??? The guy is crazy and goes for every rebound with a lot of energy.

In 19.7 min during his career he averaged 6.6 rebounds a game.

Last year in 25.1 min he averaged 9.2 reb per game.

Sheesh check your facts son before you go and blast our players.

Posters like you make me throw up, you are no different than Wlater.